Where do you go to buy your online horsey items?

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
There are so many online places and most I haven't heard of
So where are your trusted sellers?

The obvious was robbies and ride away.

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I rarely use those two, they always seem higher priced for items and postage and items take forever to arrive. I avoid Derby house since their money issues I think the quality is now poor.

Amazon is great, and I use viovet a lot for non tack items, I tend to shop around for the best deals, Eileen Douglas is generally a good one for rugs. In the US I use Chicks Saddlery, Dover Saddlery and Riding Warehouse. I don't buy much now days, I've got most things, collected over the years.

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
I have no particular loyalty to a provider. I'll buy from wherever stocks what I want at the best price. I research what I want then Google to see where i can get it from.

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I didn't think Derby House was back in business. I use the Saddlery Shop and Better Saddles.

It does depend on what you want. But our "local" tack shop had been bought out by a national company. They no longer order in for you. If it's not on the shelf, tough.
That's because they don't know what stock they are getting!
What a weird way to run a business.

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I used to use Derby House but a few times I ordered stuff and paid and stuff was out of stock and I wasn't told, which is naughty cos I needed the items and would have bought elsewhere.
Robbies online I dislike because it's too "busy" on their site, by the time I've waded through all the cr*p that pops up I lose the will to order!lol
(However I did used to adore visiting their store).
Last time I bought was via ebay, for Storm's magnetic boots, they came from Hope Valley Saddllery via their online ebay shop
I recently bought a pair of HKM Belmond boots, again via someones ebay shop - it was a place in Yorkshire I think, but can't remember their company name. I like ebay because to shop for new things you can use paypal, don't have to faff typing in all your personal details because ebay already has things like delivery addresses and it's easy to keep in touch via their messaging system if you do have a query.

Reactions: lauren123

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I use Hyperdrug sometimes for supplements and have been known for a pair of Saxon jodhpurs (or two) to fall into the shopping cart at the same time.....:p

Lemme

May 22, 2008
East Yorkshire
we use VioVet for suppliments, wormers and prescription meds- service is excellent, always check them for other items but if can get better deal elsewhere then will do.

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
I'm another that just types what I want into Google and goes with the best price (inc P&P). I like Viovet, I've found their prices extremely competitive. I don't think you can beat eBay for cheap fleece rugs, but I wouldn't buy anything branded and new from there as I worry about fakes.

Reactions: MrC

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
I'm another that just types what I want into Google and goes with the best price (inc P&P). I like Viovet, I've found their prices extremely competitive. I don't think you can beat eBay for cheap fleece rugs, but I wouldn't buy anything branded and new from there as I worry about fakes.

I buy most of my supplements from eBay shops, usually better prices and deals than amazon :)

You get some great deals on horse wear and I've sold quite a few items including saddles on eBay and had no bother.

If my vet wasn't matching online price+postage+prescription cost for Kia's prascend then I'd be on Viovet or Animed who seem to have good deals. My friend uses animed for her Danilon and gets a good price + postage :)

Reactions: Bodshi

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island

They're okay if you buy branded from a proper ebay tack shop, for example I bought from Hope Valley Saddlery - definitely not fake, and got my hkm boots from a tack shop that also sells on line. They order them in from germany (least I think hkm are german?!) def not fake. But I know what you mean, you do have to be cautious sometimes. You can more or less be guaranteed anyway with using paypal, they are pretty good at looking after buyers.

Reactions: Bodshi and MrC

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
There are plenty of fake and items that find themselves on Ebay.
But shops that are also actual shops I find fine. I have a list of followed sellers.

Reactions: Trewsers

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
I really likd Hope Valley Saddlery too. I go there a bit too often though!

misty

Oct 6, 2016
When I briefly owned one, I mainly used amazon after google searching but was always growing Robinsons too. I drove to the ride away shop full of excitement but found them a little pricey. Xx