Where does everyone ride their horses/ ponies?

nikkilab

Feb 27, 2008
I am just wondering if moost people school in a menage or if people have a field they ride in? I have a field I ride in but find myself cutting corners and going wonky!

I only have a field but im going to buy some white guttering and markers to make it like a proper arena, I find myself doing 30 loop serpentines and 60metre ovals cos the field is massive!!:D:p

I ride inside a big area that isn't marked out so evertime I go round my circles are different and things are wonky! there is another part of the field I might try and ride in that is abit more fenced off.

Do you have markers or just make it up as you go?

I have access to excellent hacking but I ride in the menage currently as Splasha dn I are still getting to know each other, i'm still earching for my brakes and we're geianing trust and confidence in each other as of yet.

It won't be long before we're off galloping though!

:)

x

So markers and lines are not really nessacery?

Puzzles, snap, I am still getting to know my share pony so i am only riding in the field.

I have a menage on my yard but as I have always rented my own grazing this is a new luxury for me, I have always schooled in the field with the results being just as good!

i ride in a grass field with proper fences in the summer! in the winter it is used as an extra paddock! but can move horses if you want to go in there!
But i ont tend to do much schooling i mainly hack out and school occasionally!

we have exellent rides round ours which i really enjoy and a proper all weather flood lit school! :D

but tbh when i am out on hacks etc i sometimes so some schooling in one of our field...thats if james hasnt ploughed them!! :p

we mainly hack, but when preparing for shows we nip into nearby fields.

follow the tractor tread marks (in a stubble field) to get straight lines and apart from that just go with the flow.

i make them either rediculously big or small but it means they work where i tell them and they dont rely on the wall to stay straight or turn a corner.
and they dont get tired at big shows where the ring is huuuuge and you have to gallop a long side and trot about a million laps :rolleyes:

Huge floodlit indoor school, which is absolutely fantastic.

Downside is that we don't have any good hacking, however acres and acres of fields to ride in during the summer.

Love my yard.

newrider.com