Where is Mary Poppins post please?

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
I am trying to find the post about clipping and rugging its gone I think? Can anyone shed any light on it's disappearance? Why? I thought for the most part it was actually quite interesting to see so many different opinions on a hot topic. o_O

Oh surely it hasn't disappeared for that reason??? Hardly anybody ever agrees with me, but I keep on trying hoping one day I might get it right on at least one subject! :rolleyes: Shame really it was one of the most lively threads for a long while, almost felt the forum coming back to life, but seems it has given a big unhealthy sigh and keeled over again.:(

Reactions: mystiquemalaika
Well, I am not sure, but I would say so. I too agree it was a good thread. No two horsey people agree on anything, so quite interesting really to have so many opinons on this forum. AND to have it popping onto H&H - quite a coup!!

Twas taken down this morning cortrasna, and yes I agree first sign of a proper lively debate and its gone! Made a change in here,no offence I mean that in a good way!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cortrasna
There's debates and then there is being downright rude. Which some members were - sadly.

Oh I do agree totally Ruski - when a lot of people went to a lot of trouble to share there thoughts and experiences with MP she was exactly that -downright rude and insulting to members who had taken time out of their day to respond to her very clear request for ideas and opinions on her horse's weight issues and her own vets advise. :rolleyes: Hopefully she has better manners IRL than she has on this forum.:(

Reactions: mystiquemalaika
Taken down just because someone got rude? Admittedly I totally missed the thread, but unless it turned personally offensive then surely we're all old enough to deal with it. How they react gives an interesting insight into people at times!

The thing I suppose is what you take from it and what you let go over your head - if you post on a forum with content that could be classed as emotive then you need to be prepared to extract the useful from the odd unhelpful you might attract (more of that can be expected on the other forum I suspect - they seem to thrive on it) I didn't manage to read all the replies and went on last night to catch up and was suprised to find it gone -will it becoming back up Mike or do we have to resort to reading it on H & H - not a site I normally frequent - did MP complain - I can't imagine she did from other posts I am sure she is big enough to let the odd insensitive remark go over her head and respect others genuine opinions - like most on here - I joined this forum as I find in the most part advice and information is helpful rather than spiteful and if I invite an opinion thenthats what I want not just what would make me feel better to hear - but at the end of the day what I do woth my horses is my affair and entirely my choice but I don't get it right all the time and have tried many suggestions from posts - some worked some didn't but at least I was able rule them out. One of the best threads for a while I do hope it comes back.

I enjoy a debate (sometimes, I do like an easy life too though) but I think some people do find it harder than others not to take stuff personally. If I ask questions, it's because I am canvassing opinions and have often found NR to be really useful. Must admit H+H is too full on for me - I can't be doing with hormones and aggro.

Reactions: Trewsers
Oh I do agree totally Ruski - when a lot of people went to a lot of trouble to share there thoughts and experiences with MP she was exactly that -downright rude and insulting to members who had taken time out of their day to respond to her very clear request for ideas and opinions on her horse's weight issues and her own vets advise. :rolleyes: Hopefully she has better manners IRL than she has on this forum.:(

I wasn't referring to MP in my post :)

Reactions: Cortrasna
Well, lets move on to my newest post, which I haven't yet posted, but am about to, about my hopeful rehoming of a very dear pony through Homes4Horses. Am petrified owner isn'g going to like me - think pony is going to be perfect for Tobes and I, and we can go through all my questions and answers, and I promise that I won't get cross with you all if you think I am the very worst owner in the world and you wouldn't ever consider signing over your companion pony to me! Am going to post it under Cafe cos think it is safer!!!

newrider.com