Where should I buy?

midnightmare

Oct 21, 2007
Derbyshire
Where should I buy Jodphurs, boots, hat etc?

I heard of Robinsons, but I don't want to buy of teh internet as I won't be able to tell if it fits properly.
I heard people buy from Decathalon, is that an okay place to go?

i would always buy hats in person, there are different shape and size hats so best to be on the safe side. local tack or farming shops, tescos somtimes have horsey things going on.:)

Have a look in your local Yellow Pages under Saddlers, and see if there is a proper tack shop near you. This is really the best place to get a hat, as you can try on all the different brands and see what fits your head best. I think Decathlon is a fairly good shop, but I've never actually been in one, so can't tell you for sure.

Good hat brands are Charles Owen, Champion, Gatehouse, Onyx, Polly, Troxel, and Harry Hall. I assume Decathlon would stock them, but do make sure you can try them on for best fit and most comfort.

Whereabouts in Derbyshire are you? Thomas Irving in Chesterfield is ok. My OH works in Chesterfield and occasionally has bought things for Stella and/or me from there, despite the fact that I run a saddlery!;)

Decathlon is pretty good - some great budget buys. I got some everyday breeches there recently for a tenner. All of their outdoor wear is really reasonable and in some cases really cheap! The hat choice can vary, their GPA's are cheaper than at most shops - BUT they don't have anyone trained to fit hats or body protectors. I would always recommend that you get them them properly fitted.

newrider.com