Where to start in Leeds for private lessons or loaning?

Jayne S

May 23, 2016
Hi all,
Am a newbie member here, so hoping to find some helpful suggestions and advice. Have recently returned to riding after several years out of the saddle. I was a competent rider in my teens, but now at 41 that confidence has gone. I can hold a steady trot and a gentle canter on a horse which isn't liable to do anything 'silly'!... other than that, its back to learning and building confidence again. I recently got back from a week long riding holiday and was happily doing 3 hours a day out hacking. I really want to keep it up.
I live in Leeds (LS13/West side) and am looking for recommendations for a fun and kindly instructor for private lessons -making it fun and not too serious is key! The other option I have been considering is looking into a part loaning arrangement helping to exercise someone's horse for them at a weekend or similar. I would be happy to get involved with grooming and mucking out. I don't have any contacts at livery yards, nor do I really know anyone with their own horse.. So I am not sure where to start.
Thanks in advance!

newrider.com