Where's good for advertising tack?

JOJOBA

Fluffy Bunny, apparently
I find myself with two saddles and no money, and a solution presents itself. :p

Where is a good place to advertise bits and bobs?

Ive also got some pretty much brand new long leather boots for sale and a couple of other things...

Local tackshop wont let me advertise because they sell the same stuff (for more money, obviously) and I would be competition :p.

Any ideas?

I feel odd about the idea of selling someone a saddle they havent tried.... like on ebay or whatever.... but I suppose I will have to give people the benefit of the doubt...?

xxx

Horsemart, horsequest...

also put up an ad in your local vets surgery and also at the riding stables locally, livery yard etc. Even in a shop window eg. a corner shop. Anywhere people will see it. Also put an ad in your local newspaper.

Hmm, I stable at the local riding stables :p. I cant imagine there would be many people on the yard looking for a saddle but I suppose it's worth a go.

But have you actually used Horsemart and Horsequest?

I only ask because I dont want to waste yet more money. Horsequest was a total waste of resources for advertising my horse so Im wary.

Local newspaper is good, I was going to advertise in Adtrader anyway. All that remains is to start a new thread and find out how much they are worth I suppose...

xxx

Just ebay it jo! Tell your Conscience to be quiet and think of all that money:p

Hmm, I stable at the local riding stables :p. I cant imagine there would be many people on the yard looking for a saddle but I suppose it's worth a go.

Oh come on, there must be more than one. Or are you seriously trying to tell us that yours is the only riding school/livery yard in Sheffield?

We have bought our best saddles (including daughters Farrington) off Ebay

Sure you don't want another one.......Jo's got a black Farrington dressage saddle............

If we're talking pennies Jo then your dressage saddle would fit kim..............

Sorry Jo and PL yard is full of TB's and doesn't sound as if these would fit !!

We paid about £200 for a Farrington WH in show condition and sold an old Stubben for about £450 which just did not fit (more than it cost us!). We have also sold 'Native Pony Co' Saddle and a HM dressage that just did not fit in with out current needs and got better prices than we expected

It is not your problem if the saddle fits or not, lots of people (like us!) are after specific saddles and will often buy and resell if they are not right. Include measurements like stud to stud width, lots of pictures, including those of any damage and be prepared to answer questions

eml said:
Sorry Jo and PL yard is full of TB's and doesn't sound as if these would fit !!

Well, clearly the answer is for you to buy in a more sensible shape of horse:p

your right about making money of them however. I bought an albions saddle off ebay, almost brand new in the hope it would fit Pink (which is didn't) for £170 (it was badly advertised). The saddler gave me £300 for it and she sold it on for £500.

If I ever want to get rid of my HM Easisit I could make a lot of money - paid just £125 for it in brandnew condition - I could easily sell it for £350.

Not much help for you though Jo.

newrider.com