which passport society?

Eanruig

Jul 14, 2007
Hi there,

My black mare's passport that I got from the dealer is a bit all over the place with the markings and I also found more whorls that are not indicated on her passport. It is a Pet-ID passport and as far as I know she is not microchipped.
Rather than changing address on the existing passport I think it's better to get a new one all together so I can fill in the correct markings.

Now, I was told she is from Ireland and is 9years old, her passport (which said dealer filled in) says she is 7 years old and born in Scotland. Now these people deal with a lot of horses and haven't got any contact numbers for from where she came from so I'll just have to take over the details as they are.

The question is though - which passport society should I go with? She is probably a Heinz57 but was sold as an Irish cob to me. I haven't got any breeding information or anything, she is just a black, cobby-looking mare.

What would you doregarding passport?

Isn't it illegal to get a new passport!? Certainly through a different agency!

And when filling in the markings on a passports silhouette, with PET -ID for sure, you don't have to mark EVERYTHING. I think they require 3 or 5 definate marks, so not all the whorls got marked on the silhouette.

Contact Pet ID, give them a call, they are REALLY helpful. (did around 50 passports for us over the past few years!) and explain that your current passport is tatty/wrong/whatever, and they will help you. :)

oops, well in that case I shall give pet-id a call, am hoping to get her microchipped eventually anyway since she's a black cob with little distinguishing features.

Think pet-id will chip my cat too, might ask that straight away.

Thanks for the warning :)

newrider.com