which pelham is it?

floppy

Feb 25, 2001
germany
which pelham does heather use ??have looked at numerous pictures and it seems as if it's some kind of happy mouth pelham. and if not is it a Straight bar or broken?

thankieyou

Hello:)

It's the hard rubber mullen mouth (straight bar but with a slight curve) and normally used with an elastic curb chain.

I am wanting to buy a pelham but around here you can only get the normal ones. Im just a wee bit concerned as to whether Elja will like a rubber tasting bit? I have read somewhere on this site that alot of horses accept it but not all...and knowing me elja wont like it much.

You don't know until you try... Rio certainly salivates quite nicely in hers, she's quite a dry mouthed horse.

The elastic curb is much gentler than a metal one, put the bit in the palm of your hand with the curb attached under it and rock the bit forwards. You'll feel the curb tighten on the back of your hand, and it's a much stronger and sharp on / off feel with a metal chain. Some horses really object to a them.

Elastic curbs aren't expensive, if you can't find one where you are do you have someone who can send you one from the UK? It would be worth it if you want to try the EE thing.

I was going to order from the UK anyway, everything here is overpriced and i cant find the right pelham here

i found a hard rubbermullen mouth pelham on Long Melford Saddlery for £16 and somewhere else i found one of those elastic curb chains for £5

newrider.com