Which Treeless Pad Is This? Having Play

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Ok as you know I buy to try. :bounce: somewhere I will actually begin riding the cob. All she is doing is wearing and stretching her legs.

Now I bought this pad, photo below, I think and I could be wrong it is an older nytack. I stand to be corrected if you know or have one. I can tell you what it is not.

It is to sit under the bareback pad not saddle. It will be way too long for the saddle.

It is fleece underside with some spinal clearance, option to shim the underside. Wool type on the top, two straps for securing to saddle front and rear. Synthetic leather reenforced base to protect it from stirrup leathers.

2012-04-21104631-1.jpg

Last edited:
Yes noticed looked like one of these. Without knee rolls. It is thinner than Libra with no option to shim the top, just the underneath.
Likely copy of, something.

Definately not as thick and cumbersome as the Libra pad. Friend bought the Libra pad but it just felt awful to me.
The pad I had from the link was also nice and roomy at withers and for the price I ewas impressed.
There was a similar one on Ebay for a while but think it has knee rolls too.

My Libra was ok when I had my original Libra saddle, but when changed the model it was then too long.
This pad sits ok so far under bbp. Will see if stays in place if I move her about later on. Won't really know until trotted in it anyway.

2012-04-22142132-1.jpg

Idea looked ok on paper but not in practice. This pad doesn't fit this pony. It could do with going forwards to line it up with the base. You can't because it sits on the wither, which would press down when pad done up. Smaller pad is too small.

Least had play, longreined with it, didn't sit on, didn't need to, totally unsuitable.

The forward girth groove shows up as well, more so now grown.

Ebay here it comes, :redcarded:

Yes that is because I have had it stored folded I suspect.
But a definite rubbish fit.

newrider.com