Which website would you reccomend to advertise for a sharer

Mollymoo26

May 22, 2009
Which website would you reccomend to advertise for a sharer? Most of the popular one's seem to have dissapeared x

Ill be interested in replies. I keep a list of sites from previous threads in case I need to look for a new share. I didnt know any were defunct?
These days I open Google chrome, and type in "horse share" and my county and it throws up a whole list of entries - together with the web addresses of the sites.

Hey Skib world of horses, newrider classifieds and horse to loan seem to have gone and I found that these three advertising sites worked the best. Obviously you still have preloved and equine adverts but I dont seem to have anyone calling maybe there is that many people advertising this year as opposed to last year and with the summer long hours not long away everyone has put their share ads up x

I'm not actively looking for a share, but tend to keep an eye on Gumtree to see if anything interesting pops up. Might be worth putting an ad on there.

Other than that there doesn't seem to be any major sites dedicated to loans and shares. There is a girl on here who runs a website - horsesharesuk.co.uk. It's mostly ads from down South on it.

Skib, I would be interested to see that list of websites you have, I wish there was a Horsemart equivalent for loans!

I have been having problems with horseshares.co.uk aparently I registered last year well I must of lol obviously I have forgotten my password and although I keep re-requesting my passwords it is not allowing to me to access the site arghhhhhhhh :banghead:

Hey Skib world of horses, newrider classifieds and horse to loan seem to have gone and I found that these three advertising sites worked the best. Obviously you still have preloved and equine adverts but I dont seem to have anyone calling maybe there is that many people advertising this year as opposed to last year and with the summer long hours not long away everyone has put their share ads up x

I can only recommend Preloved and Equine Ads because these are the two sites I have been checking obsessively for several months while looking for a share for myself.

For here, I would be advertising on the NFED (New Forest Equine Directory) which is a fab local webby for all things equine. Do you have anything like that in your area?

I think I'd be more inclined to advertise in local tack shops and farm shops, and in local papers. We found my daughter's horse in a local weekly paper, and a sharer for her pony came from a local newsagent. It may be worth getting in touch with local riding clubs too.

I agree, I think local adverts can work well. Thats how I found the horse I now share (Urmston tack and feed shop in fact!) Most shopes seem to have them and even Decathalon I noticed now has. Gumtree is OK but there is no obvious place for horse share adverts unfortunately and they can end up in illogical places!

I dont have time to check and edit my list. It is peppered with my notes from way back when I was helping an RI friend find a sharer. And I must spend less time on NR!.

But I can tell you that all sites came from previous threads either on NR or TO.
Horsemart and other for sale sites always had horses to share which one found by giving a price of less than £1000. I have just looked for you and Horsemart now have a separate section of horses to loan which includes horses to share.

There were none close to my home but looking locally one usually knows people and they know who might want a share. Nothing is private in the riding world. Like Linda, I am a firm believer in local contacts, ads in shops and networking.

newrider.com