Who else is home alone and bored on a Friday night?

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
My husband is still at work. I am at home on my lonesome (with 2 little kids in bed) when I'm supposed to be out at a fashion show with my friends. My husband is working late (AGAIN!!) and won't be home until at least 9pm. Last night it was 11pm, and every other night this week, and last week he hasn't got in before 9pm. My children are missing him, and it means that I have to do absolutely everything myself. He leaves at 7:30am each day and he only works up the road.

I know that he doesn't want to be there, and I know that jobs are hard to come by, and I know that he has got loads of pressure on him from all directions at the moment. I know that he is doing this for the family and he is a fantastic husband in all respects. I just want to spend some time with him, have a break from being a mum/dad/cleaner etc. and have some time to see my friends. I'm making do with a glass of wine (well I'm on number 2 actually) and am about to have a bath. Anyone else home alone and miserable on a Friday night?

Ah I know the feeling MP, although not tonight, soon my farmer husband will be harvesting, that means total singleton for about four months! He works from 7 till 2 or 3 in the morning seven days a week. At first its great but then the routine and jobs gets me down.
I feel for you because of the children, they must really miss him too, I don't have children just the four labs and horses, I end up telling them what a crap day I have had and the dogs get walked a lot!
Wil the overtime end soon?

Tonight though, I wish we could swop as the annoying git is here, at the other end of the sofa, snoring already!

Not alone but might as well be now OH has bought a new Ds 3D thingy... and recently bought an ipad.. I dont think we have spoken for about an hour and he is sat next to me just wont stop playing with his damn gadgets!
Men hey!

I konw it's not really a consolation, but, at least your hubby is at work, not in the pub! It means he is a good provider and wants the best for you all!

When my children were little, it was probably one of the lonliest times of my life, my hubby was and still is a workaholic, but I had friends whose hubbys were in the pub, I considered myself lucky lol 27 years later nothings different, he works 13 days out of every 14, but I don't have a minute now! My eldest daughter is on a barefoot trimmers course in Hull, so I am in sole charge of our 3 pones, younger daughter (have two sons as well) is a competitive swimmer so I took her training a 5am - 7.30am and 5pm to 8pm (every day) mucked out 3 pones and done my part time job! Just cooked the tea and having a baileys and very soon will probably nod off watching Benidorm!

Shame your not closer my younger daughter 15 would love to baby sit!

I am like that nearly every friday night as my OH is a barman so works nearly every friday and saturday and sunday night! I dont have kids so i can do things with friends but currenty saving so have not been able to go out very much!

I'm home alone and bored every Friday night:tongue:. The joys of singledom (but secretly I love it!) I have a ritual - 1. Nip to field, feed horses and read book for an hour or so, 2. Get home, make dinner, 3. Sit down infront of lovefilm dvd with beer, the latest jobs page out the paper and 4. NR! Bliss.
Just wish I could breathe tonight, got the cold and sound like I've pinched my nose when I talk.
Feel for you MP, it must be tough doing everything, you're really living up to your username!! Hope he's off making loads of money so he can whisk you away on a second honeymoon (or buy you that ponio!!)

Aww I'm normally the home alone girlfriend until the boyf comes home from gigging at weddings, clubs etc with his band nearly every Friday and Saturday night. Used to get a bit scared on my own but I'm used to it now.

Tonight we have a rare night together and are walking into our local town. Although I've been ready for about an hour now and he's still in the bathroom....

Thanks everyone. Isn't it funny that while I am sat here all alone (still!), I don't feel alone because of the internet! I have also been chatting away on the phone, drinking more wine but really wishing that he was here. I might go and play my piano now and let some frustration out!

Me's home alone too. OH is off deer stalking in Bedfordshire and I had to stay and look after the po's, dogs, chooks etc.
Been very busy tho and just away to make a cup of tea before lounging in bed reading a book for a few hours with the dogs.
I lived on my own for years so quite like being a hermt for the weekend and like FM have been with Lovefilm for 7 years and at least I dont get moans about my choice of dvd when he's offski.
I do feel for you with kids and all sorts to cope with. Chin up love x

Still home alone at 10:10pm, and now off to bed alone. My friends are upset with me because I haven't gone out with them, and I am now even more fed up because OH says that he can't look after our youngest son while I go and have a filling at the dentist on Monday morning. After waiting 4 weeks to get the first appointment of the day (8:30am), he has to get to work early so I have to bring my baby with me - who will probably scream blue murder when I am on the chair. If I cancel, I have to pay a fee because it's less that 24 hours notice (they are shut on weekends). I'm seriously getting fed up with all this! I need to go to sleep before he gets home or I'm going to say something I regret!

Thanks for being my buddies on a lonely Friday night.

Mine still hasn't come home yet. Fact of life for us and his odd and long hours are what allows us to have the lifestyle we do and for me not to work.

So not only do we not have him last night but we'll need to vacate the house so he can sleep today so we don't get him today either.

I wasn't lonely although I'd prefer he was home of course.

Robocat has learnt that if he comes and sits on the sofa with me in the evenings then he can have his buster collar off so I had a nice snuggly/metal cat with me. I had my daughter sleep in with me last night (without throwing up in it like she did last Friday when he was away!).

Still home alone at 10:10pm, and now off to bed alone. My friends are upset with me because I haven't gone out with them, and I am now even more fed up because OH says that he can't look after our youngest son while I go and have a filling at the dentist on Monday morning. After waiting 4 weeks to get the first appointment of the day (8:30am), he has to get to work early so I have to bring my baby with me - who will probably scream blue murder when I am on the chair. If I cancel, I have to pay a fee because it's less that 24 hours notice (they are shut on weekends). I'm seriously getting fed up with all this! I need to go to sleep before he gets home or I'm going to say something I regret!

Thanks for being my buddies on a lonely Friday night.

I remember having the day from hell trying to organise time for a hairdressers appointment. Made it as late as I could and organised for hubby to come home early from work. Got tea as ready as I could, rushing around getting things sorted so that I could go out for an hour - and the stupid hairdressers had told me the wrong time so after all that, I had missed my appointment by half an hour. :stomp: I was not a happy bunny. Hubby was fuming as he could of finished off at work. Oh the joys of parenthood. Take your baby, let him scream and know that time passes very quickly and one day soon, he will reach teenagerdom and not say a word. :happy:

MP I wanted to cry and have a tantrum for you!!!!

I have been in last night and tonight on my own, packing boxes ready to move - off to bed now though :D OH is out at work, collecting the drunks :giggle:. So I will see him at 3am ish :) Then I will get up a bit later and leave him to sleeeep while I go and play ponies :D

I'm actually off for a rare night out tonight ... but have been sat here ready for an hour waiting on my mate to get ready ... HATE waiting. Past 10pm and we aren't out yet!!

I'm actually off for a rare night out tonight ... but have been sat here ready for an hour waiting on my mate to get ready ... HATE waiting. Past 10pm and we aren't out yet!!

How can you go OUT at 10pm? If I ever go out, I'm always back and in bed by 11pm. I really must be getting old! I hope that you had a good night.

newrider.com