Who is feeling brave

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
There is always so much talk on NR about the correct way of going for both horse and rider and how people ride from their core, seat, leg etc how they correct certain issues using different riding styles from classical to Mary Wanless, western etc it would be nice to actually see people ride their horses and see their words at work.

It would not be a critque thing just and 'out of interest thing' I have seen a couple of NR riders in action and I am just really nosey.

So is anyone brave enough. I will add one tonight as can't in work. But Gingers Diary has loads in I think

Ah yes but you are so good OBC, some of us are not so good and may be a tiny bit embarrassed to post ridden pics.

The last time I posted photos me me riding an Icelandic, or a video , all I got was abusive PMs telling me I was too big, my saddle was wrong, my "fat arse was hanging over the cantle"

Even having explained to ride the gaits you needed to take your weight father back than an ordinary gaited horse, I was on a hiding to nothing, so would you mind if I didn't.Life's too short! :D

Oh gosh I would hate to post videos of me riding, but I would if I had some good representative footage...though will have to wait until I'm back in the saddle in june!

I have a video of me cantering the tiniest cross pole in the world if anyone want to see that :giggle: only problem is I don't know how to upload videos

I have a video of me cantering the tiniest cross pole in the world if anyone want to see that :giggle: only problem is I don't know how to upload videos

Go to youtube or Photobucket and load it up on there then post the link on here

Okay I will sign up to photobucket later. Don't hold your breath though its a very unexciting video

I would be happy to post videos if I had any! Unfortunately we don't all have someone standing around with a camera while we're riding :tongue: I have jumping videos from shows but I don't claim that those show "correct" riding, I am usually just trying to get round in one piece!

Have a look in the Competition & Training section on HHO, there are lots of schooling / competing videos in there that might interest you, and some very good CC in the threads.

I would be happy to post videos if I had any! Unfortunately we don't all have someone standing around with a camera while we're riding :tongue: I have jumping videos from shows but I don't claim that those show "correct" riding, I am usually just trying to get round in one piece!

Have a look in the Competition & Training section on HHO, there are lots of schooling / competing videos in there that might interest you, and some very good CC in the threads.

I just leave my camera on the fence or something! Also I don't show correct riding either, don't even manage to go over the centre of the jump :/

I don't care :D Don't have many shots of me riding 'properly' as I don't do an awful lot of 'proper' riding these days (got plenty of me riding in a forward seat on endurance rides :D ), but here are a few that were taken at a charity dressage competition that was held at the yard last summer. Excuse the tweed jacket a:)

It's always a bit of a downer looking at photos of your riding as it really is never as good as what's going on in your head.

I'll see if I can post my epic video riding Storm (before she got stiff hocks). It was great fun, I'll see if I can shorten the video clips to download on here. You will probably all say I am a flappy chicken............lol cantering was and isn't my strong point..........

The last time I posted photos me me riding an Icelandic, or a video , all I got was abusive PMs telling me I was too big, my saddle was wrong, my "fat arse was hanging over the cantle"

:D

What a cheek I hope you told them where to shove their critique:skull:

I would (mainly so you could all have a laugh!) but since I dont ride my own horses I wouldn't be comfortable posting them on here. Hence why I never post photo's either!

When I get my own you will never get rid of me :giggle:

I still, after 6.5 years with Joy, don't have any pictures of me in the saddle, or even with her on the ground. Hubby went through a stage of saying he would by that all faded away.

I have gotten into a lot of bad habits, and have never mastered the art of fiddling a horses head in - but I also never claim to practice what I preach either!!!!!!

This is a very green anxious horse - working on riding her long and low and working on transitions to build up towards a more upright frame once she had developed the correct muscles

EllieMaeII024.jpg

This is the most recent (but still 2.5 yrs old!!) video of madam schooling. Not elegant not pretty... Thankfully she has come a long way since then! :)
PonySchool1.mp4

But a big improvement from this one of madam which is about 3yr old,.. Tanking off with me despite losing hoof boot mid steam!!

And Emls lovely Becky - my kind of pony! First time jumping in years - I was surprised I made it!!
0189B265-15DA-4E15-962E-D0B94B468A00-2321-0000040CDF0C142F_zps96558098.jpg

Wally I remember that it was horrid. I think all those people have left the NR now so you would be safe plus that and we all know about your horses

Second time side saddle, I don't mind critique I had one lesson before this. Mare is a 24yr old tb, long since passed away. Never worn side saddle before this so I spent a month just getting her used to different feel.

I loved it, but only did it a short time.

http://db.tt/yFeHvWI2

Last edited:
newrider.com