Who is riding in the wind today?

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
I really wanted to ride tonight, but it's so windy here with very strong gusts so I'm not sure that it is sensible. I will see when I get to the yard later.

Who else is riding today? Does wind put you off?

Mine are good in strong wind, but they don't always enjoy it very much so I tend not to unless it's something organised.

I did last night, and did straight after work today when it was very gusty down here.

He was no different :)

Not me today! I have ridden in gusty weather but must admit I avoided cantering.

I've spent my lunchtime at the beauty salon today instead of riding. I now have immaculate toenails that will probably remain hidden all summer under riding boots!

I did earlier - its gusty and stormy around here - there were some dark rain clouds threatening so I was quickly tacked up and out, but Flip is fine in the wind 90% of the time. I would be able to tell instantly upon getting to the field if he was too high to ride. There was alot of noise going on behind our field with some building work which along with the wind could have set him off, but Flipo was a wee saint.......if you don't count the fact that when I get him trotting these days, he doesn't want to stop, or just wants to bomb off into canter.

ETA - the only issue I have with the wind, is Flipo's mane and forelock. Trying to pin it all down is a bloody nightmare.

Just got back in from riding Chanter he was his usual awesome self a really pleasure to ride tonight.

I also enjoyed playing rug ghost in the field with Ginger man he is so good for 5 hardly looked at the strange women dressed in a rug walking towards him.:giggle:

I wussed out tonight!! I dont like riding in the wind & rain to be honest, would rather just not bother (unless its an organised event) :tongue:

Although im starting to panick...hunter trials saturday and the last time i rode Buffy was last Friday....Please be nice weather tomorrow so i can get a quick practice ride in :giggle:

The three geldings are really stupid in the wind....tonight they were all silly galloping around, buckerooing cos the wind got up there butts! :tongue:

Yep. only a short one and only in walk, as we had kiddies with us. But all behaved really well, and Cracker had to lead a TB, a big cob and a 12 hand something or other passed the flappy black plastic, how brave we are at the moment!!

I don't mind the wind but wind and rain means I can't see through my glasses! I didn't ride today as it was heavy rain and strong wind.

Mine hate the wind and freak out if very strong in the field and one injures himself easily but they are not too bad under saddle if not galeforce of course.

One will spook alot and be on her toes and spin a bit but I dont not ride unless very strong and then I know for my own safety to be sensible and stay feet firmly on the ground :wink:

I rode today, she did an impression of a bucking bronco twice :frown: once going down the main road, she never does this usually :frown:

newrider.com