Why Am I Shocked, Buyers on Ebay!

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Someone is selling a horse rug on ebay this is the messages.

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: I suggest you will probably have more luck selling the rug if you make the effort to have it cleaned. I would never consider buying such a disgusting item let alone putting in on my horse. It could be contaminated with all sorts of bugs. A FYI rips do affect the usefullness of a rug. 02-Mar-11
A: well for 1 the rug is only 2 years old and has been wash 2 times. It was put on my horse but its slightly to small, but until I got another one she had to wear it, and she loves rolling in the mud, tell me what i should do? not put it on because i want to sell it, if any of you are horse people you would wash a rug anyway regardless of if it said it had been already washed to be on the safe side. The rug cost £50 new, has been washed and reproofed twice at £20 a go, so owes me £90. Its on here for £8. So if your not interested then dont look at it and stop wasting mine and your time worrying about it, if it doesnt sell it doesnt sell.
Q: it could have had a wash first- it looks disgusting. 02-Mar-11
A: its been used what do you want a new rug havent you got mud in your fields or do you not put your horses out... better get back to your chat so you can talk about it....... this is so funny you people havent got anything else to do....
Q: Your rug is getting a lot of interest on the Horse and Hound forum, in the new lounge area!!!!! 01-Mar-11
A: if not intested about the rug dont look. this rug has been used what do you aspect it to look like!!!!

Why comment. I'm only putting here as i'm shocked people are being rude, don't bid then!

haha sorry but how sad are these people! I just looked on HH for the thread, there have been loads of comments only read first page. I bet it has a hundred watchers! Should i bid on it (dont need the rug) but it would really pee them off haha :giggle:

Last edited:
I saw that thread on HHO yesterday (AND the infamous rug!) It is shockingly filthy but I would never comment... I would just look for another rug....

Or bid like someone has done.:giggle:

eta now they're talking about the fact it sold lol

Last edited:
The rude attititude of people these days shocks me tho.
I bought something off ebay and after it arrived I asked a question about it and got a barrage of abuse about my question.
Pity I'd left feedback or I would have given them negative.
I had no problem with the item I only asked a simple question.

I didn't think it was that bad tbh - I've seen (and probs bought) alot worse. HHO never fails to amaze me - although I guess that's why I leave it a wide birth!

I saw that thread on that forum as well. I was also really shocked by how rude and judgemental people are. If you don't want to buy, don't. There was also a thread about chifneys on there. Amazing how many people use them. There were a couple of posters on there who were suggesting groundwork might be the answer, but were shot down and called 'fluffy bunnies'. I was quite gobsmacked! However, I do have to say when I posted about a particular bit, I had really sensible replies that were very helpful.

Those poor people, that they have nothing else in their lives that to poke their beaks into to something so trivial. I'm glad I'm not them.

It's auctions like that that I rub my hands together at. There's nothing like a badle presented item or advert for increasing your chances of picking up a bargain. Long may sellers like this continue to inhabit eBay! :spin:

There are some very strange and nasty people out there, who need to get a life. If people can see the rug is dirty, it's up to them if they want to bid on it. If you don't, what's the problem? As JC said, the not so good adverts are a godsend for getting a bargain, and I've been lucky because of this once or twice. :biggrin:

The internet seems to give people carte blanche to be really rude and vindictive. I have read some comments on Youtube that have really shocked me - why do people feel the need to say vile and hurtful things to people for absolutely no reason? They must be very unhappy so they're the losers.

E-bay is not the place it was, I would rather put stuff in the skip than e-bay these days after a couple of buyers I got.

I sort of agree with you there Wally, people want 'As New' at a
rock bottom price and then STILL complain:giggle:

I can't believe somebody is being 'slagged off' for selling a USED and DIRTY RUG, lol. As long as its advertised as such, whats the
Problem, I can't believe that somebody put those comments on, well actually I CAN:giggle:

Last edited:
Well I wouldn't buy a rug like that but if someone wants to, who cares.

I give all my spares to the rescue, which they either use themselves or sell to raise money. But i always have them washed and reproofed before giving them, that's probably cause I know them at the rescue though.

I have loads of stuff I could sell on ebay but from what I hear it is way too much trouble.

Tiga, have to say I have bought LOADS of things from EBAY and
Sold a few things, but nowhere near as much as I have BOUGHT:redface:

I have NEVER had a problem (rushes off to touch wood) and have to say
I have never been disappointed with anything I have bought, as yet
anyway, have had a few things where I felt they were a little bit
liberal with the description, lol, but certainly nothing I felt the need
to return or give negative feedback about:wink:

Hubby however used to sell Cars and Car Parts on E Bay and has had some fantastic feedback, but has also had
people BIDDING and WINNING and then not contact him or pay. I don't like EBAYs Policy of believing the BUYERS all
the time, especially when people have been 'totally honest' about any article they are selling and know a few people who
feel its no longer worth the hassle because they have just been messed about by the Buyer AND EBAY !!

I've not looked at the ad for the Rug, but if somebody is willing to pay money for it I really don't understand why anybody
else has a problem with it quite honestly, surely thats up to the Buyer.

Last edited:
If anyone would like to replicate the said rug, I would be happy to sell you some mud! Say 50p for a bag of really wet stuff??
Its the new must have horsey item... a famous mucky rug!

Seriously though... how damn rude these people can be!

Tiga, have to say I have bought LOADS of things from EBAY and
Sold a few things, but nowhere near as much as I have BOUGHT:redface:

I have NEVER had a problem (rushes off to touch wood)

I wasn't really meaning problems with buyers or sellers, although I have heard of people having problems. I just mean the hassle of having to photograph stuff, put it on, then post it. I'm technically minded so would be a right pain for me. I should really do it as I have loads of stuff from work photoshoots that just ends up going to the charity shop.

This is the advert for those interested.

"This rug is used but has plenty of use left and was professionally cleaned last year but has been used a little since. There is a few little rips, but does not affect the rug. It has got two tucks aroud the neck done professonally as it was a little big for mine round the neck, but could easly be unpicked if not needed"

It says exactly what it is, a used rug worn by a horse in a field that as far as i know has mud in it.
All horses in a rug have mud it's what the grass sits on top of.:unsure:

Last edited:
newrider.com