Why can't my cat purr?! *dodgy quality vid*

palmerlover52

Feb 21, 2006
Portsmouth
Bobalicious, is in fact a freakcat.

She can't purr properly at all....she tries, bless her, but has to have her mouth really far open and chokes after about ten seconds, drools, then has to start again :eek:

Why might this be? :confused: She's otherwise perfectly healthy, good weight, clear eyes, nice colour gums etc etc, if a bit wierd (she's currently having a love affair with my sheepskin rug).

Here's the vids, sorry about the quality, it was dark in my room, it's off my phone and she kept headbutting me and hitting my face :rolleyes:

Bobcat posing

110208104539.jpg

Also.....what is it with cats and sitting on things?! If I'm reading a paper....Dennis sits on it. If I put my bag down for two seconds, Dennis sits on it. If there is a box (even one far far too small)....Dennis sits in it and looks smug. It doesn't make you cool to be in a box dennis!

Au contraire, says Dennis :cool:
090308101128-1.jpg

And a cute picture of Sage to end :D
Photo-0070_1.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure about the purring thing, maybe your cat is just weird! :p

One of ours can mieow without opening her mouth though, very talented, and annoying at the same time.

Dennis sounds like Angus though, he sits on the paper, and if you try and take it, he attacks you and then rips up the paper (he bites the paper aswell and rips bits off). Its like hes saying 'If I can't have it then nobody can!' :rolleyes:
And Angus loves sitting in boxes too, he plays pirates in them, and I drag him round the house in his 'boat' he loves it. :D

He likes wearing pink dresses too, see:
Picture057.jpg

Picture058.jpg

newrider.com