Why does my horse clack her teeth and fidget when I groom her?

No, it's more like lip quivering and grinding or gritting her teeth
Is she trying to mutual groom with you? that can set the top lip off wriggling about and then they reach for you to groom with like they would another horse, and the wriggling about may be because she is trying to aim you to a particularly itchy spot perhaps?

Reactions: carthorse
Sounds to me like she enjoys it and wants to return the favour by grooming back, but being that you’re human, doesn’t do this.
I’m always careful when a horse does this around me, but generally I’ll put my hand out and let them muzzle against that, keeping an eye out for the inevitable attempt at taking a chunk out of you (never done maliciously, just as part of their mutual grooming intentions!)

Reactions: Penny4thot
It's now cold. If you rug and are taking it off she could simply be feeling the cold. Are you clipped?
Mine fidgets and paws if she wants a pee.

Yes, Yes, Yes! ! This is exactly what she is doing, But she is way more animated. I don't want to stop her enjoyment but oh my gosh how do I get her to stand. Thank you.

Yes, Yes, Yes! ! This is exactly what she is doing, But she is way more animated. I don't want to stop her enjoyment but oh my gosh how do I get her to stand. Thank you.
If she's that itchy I would up the grooming, check that she isn't overly warm if you are rugging her as that can make them itchy and if it's really intense maybe check for lice as those little critters can make them crazy itchy :)

Reactions: Penny4thot
If she's that itchy I would up the grooming, check that she isn't overly warm if you are rugging her as that can make them itchy and if it's really intense maybe check for lice as those little critters can make them crazy itchy :)
Thank you so much, I've been grooming less because I was afraid I was hurting her.

Reactions: Jessey
Yes! Dolly does that shown in video - different thing altogether - just shows she is totally loving the groom and a good scratch!:)

newrider.com