Why I love the Old Bag

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
Angel's been off work for rather a long time now and is currently living the good life - latched onto a roundbale in one of our bottom paddocks with a friend (a young TB mare Angel is teaching manners!). They do laps, sometimes they go bucking and farting - generally having a great time :D

I'd ordered some Sweet Itch rugs in the SNuggy Hood sale and decided after my ride in the pitch dark and lose in the paddock would be a great opportunity to see if they fit!

the rugs are the 'scrunch up everything from tailflap to neck piece and yank over the pony's head' variety. POOR ANGEL! the thing was too small so she ended up with the neck opening stuck over her eyes and me shoving, pulling and fumbling it for quite some time whilst at the same time trying to stop my temporarily blinded pony from trodding on the belly band!

Angel just stood there, snorting in the most exasperated fashion waiting for it to be over, bless her.

her riding days might be over, she's costing me a fortune in hay and dentistry but she'll always be my 'one in a million' :wub:

sounds like me trying to put it on our donkeys, getting one over Tintin's ears if great fun, he stands like a daft haddock, totally blind, till it gets done.

just cos they're retired doesn't mean they don't deserve EVERYTHING, she is a lucky girl.

newrider.com