Why is it always when you least need it?

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I'm shattered after the weekend but had to take the cat to the vets after work, do the ponies and fiddle with the electric fence at the new place. All went well and I was home just after 7, just sat down catching up on NR and I get a phone call to say my neighbour can only see 1 very upset cow :(
Off I run, and find the other 3 in the other neighbours 2 fields further down, they'd wriggled through the barbed wire at the bottom :rolleyes: but didn't want to go back through and I had to wait for reinforcements to arrive to shove them back, did a temporary repair on the fence and just as I'm walking back to the gate see a man in my current yard neighbours field (3 fields over from where I'm stood) hopping over the middle fence :eek: So off we go running again, to get there and realise its her hubby :rolleyes: Now I'm wide awake but totally exhausted, what an eventful evening :p

I'm shattered after the weekend but had to take the cat to the vets after work, do the ponies and fiddle with the electric fence at the new place. All went well and I was home just after 7, just sat down catching up on NR and I get a phone call to say my neighbour can only see 1 very upset cow :(
Off I run, and find the other 3 in the other neighbours 2 fields further down, they'd wriggled through the barbed wire at the bottom :rolleyes: but didn't want to go back through and I had to wait for reinforcements to arrive to shove them back, did a temporary repair on the fence and just as I'm walking back to the gate see a man in my current yard neighbours field (3 fields over from where I'm stood) hopping over the middle fence :eek: So off we go running again, to get there and realise its her hubby :rolleyes: Now I'm wide awake but totally exhausted, what an eventful evening :p
Awww Jessey! That's really not what you need! Bet your shattered!!! Hope the cows are all ok!

It's never boring is it! No idea how you round up cows, not something I've ever had to deal with!

Mostly as you move towards them they move away so they're pretty easy to move, apart from when they are protecting babies or are halter broken like this Mob and just want to do anything they shouldn't :rolleyes: like run around the neighbours pond bucking and farting :rolleyes: we went in semi circles for quite a while, back and forth by the bit I wanted them to go through :p in the end I grabbed cornflower by the nose to point her in the right direction, not something you'd do with you average cow :)

Lol. I know about chasing cows. I'm having to get one of my dexters in at the moment due to the flies on her eyes and teats. I'm trying to clear up the open wounds where the flies have eaten her alive. The fly mask is doing a good job and the eyes are nearly healed.
She supposed to come in the shed in morning and goes out at night. But madam has had other ideas the last few days. She takes one look at the collie and turns and hi-tails it across the field in opposite directions. So two mornings running I've had to go right across the field to get her. Then she runs up the steep bank to get away from me. Her four legs can out run my two. Then she runs back down again. Im doing my best to stay on my feet. I havent half cursed. If they don't want to cooperate, they wont.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
newrider.com