Why Is It? Or What is It?

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
That draws you to a horse? I don't mean when you go and view something that fits your criteria, I think I mean your paths cross.

Out of all the horses that the cob used to live with, I was drawn to one maybe two. Both were her boyfriends.
Where she is now I am drawn to one, she's a mare and she's just got that gentle calm looking face.

Don't worry I won't be posting oops bought another, but there is something about her I like.

I honestly don’t know, there is one mare who Belle lives with I’m drawn too, couldn’t tell you why though, maybe she reminds me of Belle, similar type, similar size, rough and ready but beautiful with it?

Beyond the first look/appearance, intelligence and willingness/interest to work with you will get my attention every time.

Ooh, that's a good one. I'm generally drawn to sweet natured, gentle horses. The YO's long gone ex racer - physically not my type, but the kindest best natured horse I've ever met. Field boss, but not mean with it - just had to look at the others, and they'd behave. Ramsey was another kind soul. The cob across the lane, again, calm and sweet. Which all begs the question - how did I end up with my bad boy?!?

I'm a sucker for a horse with a big white blaze.

20200731_082804_copy_800x800.jpg
20200731_082830_copy_800x800.jpg
20200731_082849_copy_800x800.jpg

You can't say I'm not a creature of habit!! ?

• Haha
Reactions: Huggy
I have a type, but this one my path just crossed and she's not my type.
She even nickers to mine. She's lovely :)

Reactions: Huggy
I find some just seem to have an air of peace about them, and that really draws me. Oddly enough it doesn't always, or even often, seem to be horses that are quiet or easy ones though, indeed often quite the opposite - they are the confident energetic ones that have a strong sense of themselves and their worth. Maybe they are at peace with who they are and that is what they pass on?

Physically I do prefer the more substantial powerhouses over the TB types, what used to be viewed as a proper heavyweight hunter. Given the attitude an energy level I like this is not necessarily a wise combination ?

Reactions: PePo
Looks wise I love a sporty long legged bay with white socks and a big head with a slight roman nose and a bit of a ewe neck (I think it's some distant memory from my youth!).

Temperament wise, I couldn't really tell you. Some horses just seem to have something that draws you to them. Often it's the ones that are stand-offish or downright anti-social to start with, but decide to be friends in their own time that are the most engaging.

newrider.com