Why is it so difficult finding a sharer?

Yankee1

Oct 6, 2009
I have been looking for a rider to share my pony for the last couple of months now and so far no luck. I had this super young woman before but she moved away. I don't ride much anymore due to arthritis so need someone to keep pony fit. I advertised at local tack/feed stores and by word of mouth and on this website and another website. What else can I do?

Equineadverts, horsehunter, adhorse, thehorseexchange, adtrader, preloved and newrider (not the forum, the open classifieds) are all places you could advertise him.
Perhaps the problem is in the advert wording - sometimes it can read differently to how it's been written (if that makes sense). What is you advert?

I'd second trying 'Preloved'. You get a slightly different selection of viewers on there from the regular horsey boards. I found a horse to ride through there (owned by someone in a very similar position to you). May be worth a go.

Are there any RS's local to you? They may know of an established adult pupil who may be looking to do more riding? That way you would have a second opinion about their abilities too, rather than being approached cold from an interested party. (I got my instructor to keep her ear to the ground before I tracked down my fella). FE colleges doing equine course could be another route - but they may be younger riders, and possibly not long term.

Good luck with finding someone! The right person will be out there!:smile:

Why is it so hard!

Thanks all. :smile:
I have him advertised in Preloved, New Rider, our two local tack/feed stores
and I was thinking about placing an ad in the local paper as well (North Yorkshire Post.)
I had not thought about a local RS. There is one a few miles away.

newrider.com