Wild animals

OMG @Ale, sorry, but squabs are really ugly!
They are so cute how can you think otherwise šŸ˜‚ when they are flapping about wanting food it's adorable. There was one a few weeks ago that looked like a mini vulture, black body and white skinny head šŸ˜‚

I've missed your pics and threads @Ale you have such interesting ones of lovely creatures. Haven't seen your guinea pigs or other furry friends for a while either?
I only have the guinea pigs and cat now, sadly others have all passed from old age. Just been so busy recently with everything, I have a very exciting job trial on Wednesday in a vets though šŸ¤ž

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
The hedgehog, now, the hedgehog is cute.

When I was at college I lived in an old building in my 3rd year and pigeons actually nested on my window sill. I remember watching the squabs hatching and thinking how hideous they were! Also full of mites, yuk. Not their fault, but they are not my favourite bird....

Reactions: MrA
Good luck Ale šŸ¤ž

Tbh I'm sick of pigeons, not that I'd wish one any harm but the damn things never stop breeding and when I look out I to the garden all I see is flipping pigeons. At the yard the young ones are always falling out of the nests too soon and we have to rescue them before the dogs eat them. If we put them in an empty stable the parents will feed them and they stand a chance but as soon as they start flying more often than not they end up in the jaws of the dogs. YOs OH says it would be kinder to wring their necks and he's probably right but none of us can do it. The dogs quite like them though šŸ˜‹

I only have the guinea pigs and cat now, sadly others have all passed from old age. Just been so busy recently with everything, I have a very exciting job trial on Wednesday in a vets though šŸ¤ž
Good luck!

IMG_20211017_133717.jpg
Really great morning, adolescent fox groups, set of 7 badgers, groups of mallard ducks, garden birds, tufty duck and tawny owl above. Today I was on the section where all the animals are near release so really enjoyable to see compared to the intensive care section where I often help.

IMG_20211114_122941.jpg
This pigeon did make me laugh was watching me like this the whole time I was doing the washing up!
And a hog because I know they are popular! IMG_20211114_090013.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Aw I like pigeons - I had two pet ones until my lovely neighbour shot them. They were lost racers. They would have only been destroyed if they'd gone back to their owner. Sad really. Columbacious used to watch me doing the yard chores often. Like the little hog too!

newrider.com