Will his head grow?.....

misstattoo

Jul 1, 2008
Perthshire
Hi all,
I have (supposed to be) a Welsh sec d X Clydesdale colt, he's standing at 14hh now at 18months but his head his small,he's still in a pony headcollar with plenty room, Just worried he'll not reach the expected size i was hoping for,I know he's got lots of growing and changing to do but his head is so small for supposedly having Clydesdale in him, Just wondering if I'm worrying over nothing?....

Attachments

• 100_1915.jpg
    100_1915.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 50
As he's only 18 months, there's plenty time for growth. If it was the other way round and he had a huge head right now, I'd be worried, but I think he looks lovely.

I've got a clydesdale x - his head is enoorrrrmous!

Yours looks satisfyingly proportionate...

Heres mine:

Attachments

• maltcongresbury2.jpg
    maltcongresbury2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 31
Hi all,
I have (supposed to be) a Welsh sec d X Clydesdale colt, he's standing at 14hh now at 18months but his head his small,he's still in a pony headcollar with plenty room, Just worried he'll not reach the expected size i was hoping for,I know he's got lots of growing and changing to do but his head is so small for supposedly having Clydesdale in him, Just wondering if I'm worrying over nothing?....

He looks lovely, in proportion too :D

If he's 14hh at 18mnths he's still got a good bit of growing left to do, and he will go through stages of looking really weird, my youngster is 2.5yrs now and even now I look at her some days and think she looks too long/short, one end is higher than the other, neck is too long/short, head is too big/small. Trust me they grow really oddly, he will even out over time.

Also as a Welsh X Clyde he will more than likely be a late maturer and won't look his proper shape until about 5-6. The heavier the breed the longer they take to mature

He's magnificent! And what a lovely colour :)

Aw, well thank you Luna Corona, that's really kind (he was slightly on the porkie side there too!) :) Just saw your pics of your arabs, the grey looked just like my friends Bonnie.. a real little arab racer! I miss her loads.

newrider.com