Will this Saddle fit my warmblood PLEASE HELP !?

WildRush

Jun 26, 2009
South East
I've been looking for a nice jumping saddle for ages and I have finally found one that I like the look of.

Do you think this description sounds like it will fit Scarlett my 15.3 English Warmblood -Blue dot-dot measures 6".D ring to D ring 8" Blue dot to cantle 17",Pommel to cantle 16 1/2".

Thankyou for you helppp xxx

If it's a blue dot, then it's probably a Stubben. (don't like them, that's my personal opinion).

There is ABSOLUTLEY NO WAY anyone on an internet forum (saddler/saddle fitter or otherwise) can tell if a saddle will fit your horse from a vague description of measurements and a vague description of your horse. Sorry.

Please get a professional to fit a saddle. If you can get hold of this saddle for a trial, see if a fitter can come out to you and check the fit on your horse. You will have to pay, but trust me, it will be worth it in the long run. :)

You can't really tell whether it's going to fit just by a description. Every horse is a different shape, and has muscle built up in different areas. Your best bet is to get a registered saddle fitter out to see whether it fits her or not.

How long is a piece of string?

Kis Vihar, may I ask why you don't like them? I've always likened sitting on a Stubben saddle to sitting on a breeze block.

eugh no, in my exprience the panels on stubbens are always to high and cause problems with movements and muscle development and close contacts are a b*tch for horses to move well in at all (according to sadler :rolleyes: ) so i'd steer well clear of european saddles like stubbens and similarly built sadles...

Kis Vihar, may I ask why you don't like them? I've always likened sitting on a Stubben saddle to sitting on a breeze block.

LOL. Yep! ;)

When we worked in the saddlery and saddle-fitter's place in the UK, we had hundreds of saddles in, including many, many Stubbens, new and used.

When it was quiet, I had the chance to try all the saddles on the purpose designed saddle horse.

I destested every Stubben I sat on! I was in love with the most expensive Stubben dressage saddle...until I sat on it! Breezeblock is a bit too kind I reckon! ;)

Oh...and Stubben saddles are a b*tch to work on! ;)

LOL. Yep! ;)

When we worked in the saddlery and saddle-fitter's place in the UK, we had hundreds of saddles in, including many, many Stubbens, new and used.

When it was quiet, I had the chance to try all the saddles on the purpose designed saddle horse.

I destested every Stubben I sat on! I was in love with the most expensive Stubben dressage saddle...until I sat on it! Breezeblock is a bit too kind I reckon! ;)

Oh...and Stubben saddles are a b*tch to work on! ;)

Thanks for that Kis Vihar :) Many moons ago I worked for a show jumper, all her jumping saddles were Stubbens, I thought they were horrible, she said she liked them for jumping because they were so uncomfortable to sit on, they encouraged her to have a light seat :D

newrider.com