Wintec 500 Dressage discontinued....

Rips

May 23, 2004
Eire
Very disapointed at the weekend, had put by money to buy Odie a new saddle and when I went to actually buy it eventually the stockists said they've discontinued it. :( Apparently theres a new model coming out in a few months.

Looked online to check for shops that already have it in stock and the prices vary hugely! I'm also finding it hard to find the one that I want.... as in, it has to be black, 17.5 inch and preferably flock, if its CAIR instead of flock then it would want to be cheap, because I'll have to get the cair replaced. I'd also like a new one, as at least then it'll come under warranty.

I've found a reasonably priced brown 17.5 inch flocked one, or a 17 (not ideal) black flocked one. I'm thinking about getting the black 17inch... it'll suit Odie, but I would have like the extra half inch for showing purposes, and in the hope that'll it suit Vega in a few years.

would it be worth waiting for the new model? or waiting till it comes out then prices would drop even more i expect

I don't like every model of Wintec, some of them are banana shaped.... if I wait til then and it doesn't suit, the chances of still being able to buy what I want new from whats in stock will be slim!

If I could afford a new saddle for Phil (I want a w/h saddle) then mine would be perfect for you. I hope you manage to find one x

I've got one too and love it - very comfortable. If I could afford leather, I'd certainly get one - some day but right now the Wintec was a good choice. We live in the middle of nowhere and no saddle fitters, etc., although my RI has lots of experience and would be able to help. Problem is even though mail order places will let you return saddles, the shipping costs could really add up if you had to try quite a few.

Bought the one from the saddlery (linked above) I just hope its as described and arrives in one piece. Cost me £267 with the postage (parcelforce) so suspiciously cheap!

Excited now :)

Oh thanks guys - Robyn, if this one doesn't work out, thats the next best try!

So glad you got your saddle :) I love mine and it still looks brand new (i've only cleaned it twice) after about 4 years lol

newrider.com