Wintec pony saddle too big

floppy

Feb 25, 2001
germany
So after many many years,I have finally got round to training my Shetland pony to be ridden ? now I’m facing the ultimate task of finding a saddle to fit the little nugget . Anyone got any suggestions?shes a fine built pony which is making it difficult because most Pony saddles are too wide. The wintec for little people is too wide for her...

I always say get a saddle fitter out.
He’s been last year he had a looked inebteeen fitting my other other horses , he looked at a selection I had ordered and we found nothing that would fit , one pony saddle worse than the next...
Which is why I posted because I thought may e someone has a few shetty saddle tips up their sleeves

We used the Thorowgood safari cub for real hanger on beginners. And for actual riders, we used the Thorowgood Pony Club saddle, which was well worth the investment and suited both pony and rider really well. Pads are not my choice and offer no support. Might as well ride bareback.

Reactions: Skib
Thank you, will check out thorowgood . my daughter has only just started riding on her own and it’s questionable how long she will ride her pony as she has an Icelandic horse that’s currently on loan to a riding school until next summer.
We are limited with what they have on offer for little pony’s...

Last edited:
Agree - thorowgood was the only one that suited my chubby short backed cob.

newrider.com