Wish I'd had a camera last night!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
:p
Just about the most bizarre noise and scene I've come across here. Popped round to say goodnight and turn lights off and as I approached the feed room - which is at the end of the block nearest the school, I heard an incredible scrabbling noise. Tbh I actually thought there was either a fox or cat in there. Well, turns out it was good old ratty himself. But with a twist. He was INSIDE A PLASTIC BAG AND RUNNING AROUND IN IT! God it was hilarious! He's huge and rather handsome (I know we aren't meant to like them but I do have a grudging admiration) and he was in the bag. Now, I think he was gobbling up any left behind bird grain - I had emptied the bag into a rodent proof drum earlier but forgotten to dispose of the empty bag. It was such a weird site! He was crazy - all over the place and then freed himself and ran off out into the night. I laughed so much - just so wish I had captured it on film.
Anyone else have weird / interesting noises about that are down to creatures?!

Little beggar, did you dispatch of him?

No he was far too fast for me! They're like they are on wheels! He scooted down the gap where the door frame meets the side of the building as it was clipped back. Amazing how they can flatten themselves almost to fit through gaps!

Reactions: Jessey
There is a rat (or family, who knows) that is living behind Jack's and Albi's stables. Every morning when I muck out there are straw "tunnels" around their beds and more often than not I open the door and it leaps out from foraging and shoots under the wood at the back. Sometimes I actually have to tell it to shift as it doesn't seem to notice me!

newrider.com