Wish me luck and tell me not to be silly!!!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
EEeeeeek, our winter turnout at home has started! Wish me luck tonight, got to bring the horses in on my own before dark:unsure: OH will still be at work, so its just Storm, Joe myself and the pheasants!lol. Have devised what I think is a cunning strategy - involving several gates and temporary leccy fences......(they escaped on Saturday which doesn't really bode well:giggle:). Tell me I won't end up squished in the middle of the field!!! I dread this every year you know........(losing my touch, am getting soft in my old age and un-used to handling 'em on my own:redface:)

You'll be fine!!

M winter turnout eg bringing in at night starts next week once fireworks night is out of the way. It's only my two and me at my yard everyday so I don't have much choice but to cope lol.

You'll be fine, bet it only takes a day or so before routine is sorted.

Thanks guys! I know I'm being silly, but I've sort of got out of the routine! Plus because Joe headed the "escape" yesterday, I just know the daft old fool will try the same thing tonight! He's a wily old begger, I tell you, OH was messing with the leccy fencing, and he snook up behind him and hopped over it! Couldn't quite believe the stealth...hehehehehehe, Storm was a bit slow on the uptake, she didn't quite know how to get into the "forbidden" (think lush) paddock!!!!

At least he jumped it, I had to put another spring on the leccy gate last week as Piccolo has decided she can slide under it. Was seen approaching at a fast canter then sits on her bum and slides her front hooves forward and slides uncontrollably under it. Had to be seen to be believed lol.

This will be my first winter that I am stabling mine every night, so that should be um fun lol.

OMG! Bet thats a site to see, sliding on her bum - lol!!!!!! My poor Stormy couldn't quite pluck up the courage to follow Joe over the fencing, OH had to coax her over (we decided they'd be less trouble in the lush paddock together for ten minutes whilst I went and grabbed headcollars!!!)

OMG! Bet thats a site to see, sliding on her bum - lol!!!!!! My poor Stormy couldn't quite pluck up the courage to follow Joe over the fencing, OH had to coax her over (we decided they'd be less trouble in the lush paddock together for ten minutes whilst I went and grabbed headcollars!!!)

yes we get that too, Harvey won't break out of the electric fencing (not even if it is on the floor) so never follows Piccolo or even attempts to. Normally just stands there looking sorry for himself lol.

Pretty sure Piccolo has also grown her very thick coat not for winter but so she doesn't feel the electric so much should she touch it on her way under. As a foal she used to commando crawl under it, was just hoping she'd have grown out of it lol

Well, I'm still in one piece! lol, it was so funny, Storm was pleased to see me and came trotting down the field and stood patiently waiting for me to put her headcollar on. Joe had other ideas and hurtled down past her, shoved her out the way (how rude!) and so I had to fetch him first. Poor Storm just stood there waiting and looking abandoned!!! Alls well that ends well..........

newrider.com