Wish me luck for tomorrow please!!

ladywiththebaby

Mar 6, 2007
Cambridge
So tomorrow is the day!! I'm going to see that Welsh Section D (14.2, 10yrs, chestnut with flaxen mane and tail :biggrin:)

Unfortunately it has turned out to be a lot further away than I thought (due to my husbands rubbish guess, which I stupidly didn't check!) so I really hope this one will be worth it. But on the other hand, I'm going to meet up with Libbylou who is coming to hold my hand, so that'll be lovely anyway.

Not sure how much we'll be able to do as its so wet everywhere? Plus even the riding school horses I've been riding have been feeling pretty lively when I've ridden there twice this week, so....

I'm trying not to think too much about it to be honest! But I would really appreciate some good vibes please!!

oh wow - good luck!!

I really hope this is the one - you deserve a wondeful pony.

Dont forget to take a few photos (even if you dont have him)

Aagin GOOD LUCK xx

Thank you! Mainly I'm just nervous of being taken off with. I think 100 people could ride a new pony and tell me it's fine but I guess no-one rides like me? They are unlikely to be nervous/ tense / gripping up like I probably will be - in canter particularly! And then I'll get into the whole "well you asked her to go faster" catch 22 situation!! :frown:

I just wish I could fast forward 24 hours!

do you have a link to the ad for the one you are seeing - i can't remember what he looks like?

And dont worry too much, just makes sure you see them ride and if you are nervous ask libbylou to walk you around holding his bridle first, you may feel silly but it will really help you relax and get used to him before you go solo :)

I don't have a link as she replied to my wanted advert. I have some photos she emailed me if you want me to forward them? But basically she bought him for her husband to learn to ride on (but he's now moved on to driving). She had stood for 4 years in a field before she got her and she thought she'd reback her if necessary but she left her for a week and took her out to see her at her worst and was apparently perfect. That was 2.5 or 3 years ago.

The only thing that doesn't 100% add up is that she says the mare is 10 years old. Once talking she also mentioned that she'd traced her history and discovered she'd been a riding pony at some point. But if she's had her 2 or 3 years, plus she was stood in a field for 4 before that, she'd have had to have done a huge amount in the first 3 years of life???! I'm hoping there's a genuine oversight somewhere!

Oooh, how exciting. Lots of luck for tomorrow. Hope this turns out to be 'the one'.

I was worried about getting on Rafi, watching the groom riding him first didn't make me feel any better either. But almost as soon as I got on I knew he was going to be perfect. Hope you get that feeling this time too. Fingers crossed!

You never know the Lady who owns her may be very genuine put you straight at ease and fill you with confidence:wink:

Its 'always' a bit of a worry trying a new Horse so you are not alone,
you have ALL of NR's GOOD VIBES coming with you xxxx

Try to relax and enjoy and remember if it doesn't feel right don't feel
you 'have to' get on:wink:

Fingers crossed, will be thinking of you x

Hope it goes well. Got a feeling same lady answered a wanted ad we had some time ago - but would have been year or so? Horse, story & location seem to be same. Don't suppose I kept her emails. Seems strange they still have her, although may not be same people/mare. If is same one, sounded very nice & sensible.
We didn't go & see her as wanted a driver as well.
Try not to worry too much. She could be the perfect one for you!

Good luck... Hope you have a fun day

As others have said.. Try to relax, spend plenty of time in walk to relax, then plenty of time in walk/ trot transitions, so you are more relaxed and have a good feel for the situation before you canter. This should all be after you've seen somebody else ride too....

Keep us posted

newrider.com