Wish me luck please!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Well, todays the day! After work (in about an hour) Joe and Storm are finally going OUT into their newly paddocked off field!:eek::D
They've both been in the school (due to Mr Joe's injury) all winter but had a chat with vet and a small sized paddock is ok. Hurrah!
Just one slight problem....
They are both going to be SO excited!:p Am donning steely toes and hard hat just in case! Fingers crossed for me folks! OH of course will be handling Joe - but that darn hill we have to go up seems higher and steeper than ever today.......:D:eek::p
If I'm not back on here by MOnday - send out a search party!:D

Well, todays the day! After work (in about an hour) Joe and Storm are finally going OUT into their newly paddocked off field!:eek::D
They've both been in the school (due to Mr Joe's injury) all winter but had a chat with vet and a small sized paddock is ok. Hurrah!
Just one slight problem....
They are both going to be SO excited!:p Am donning steely toes and hard hat just in case! Fingers crossed for me folks! OH of course will be handling Joe - but that darn hill we have to go up seems higher and steeper than ever today.......:D:eek::p
If I'm not back on here by MOnday - send out a search party!:D

Good luck!! They'll be so happy!! The weather here is gorgeous today and all the neddys are out naked they look so contented. And mother with new foal have had their first outing today was very cute!!

Just remember the gloves, or you may have some nice rope burns!! :p

I hope all went well.

I put mine out in the paddock for the first time since November.

Well my Trakehner went bananas, slid over and sliced into his stifle quite horrible. Not sure what on, perhaps some hard mud or a stone.

So he had only been out a few minutes and had to come back in again.

Cold hosed, hibi scrubbed and green antibacterial gel on.

Although looked nasty, I did not call vet as it was no way as bad as the pony's injury last year and vet just said to keep that clean and let it heal on its own.

So, today it is healing in the middle nicely but each end still need to nick together, so am resting him for a few days and keeping him out of the paddock until healed. Just checking to make sure it doesn't go manky. No swelling so that's good. What a plonker he is.

I think I might have to sedate him before putting him out again. He hates change and it takes a while for him to settle to anything new. TB's hey!

claire1603 what the f'/.$.... you must by gutted. poor lad. yes to the sedation or it could be a long summer 'in, out - injury in out injury':eek:

Trewers My lad was in for 2 nights and 1 day box rest after the vet. I put my hat, gloves and fitted the dually correctly and yeap it was needed.

Good luck

Well, I'm still in one piece!!! Thanks for the replies guys! Well, we gave Joe a small dose of Sedalin to take the edge off - it was a good job we did, cos he was still bouncing all the way up the hill!
It was lovely to see them both enjoying the grass tho - Storm was very well behaved and it was grand to leave them to enjoy theirselves.
Today we managed to ride first thing and then turnout - both were very good to turnout - so I think we are over the worst! Just got to keep up with the riding and extra exercise as I worry about the spring grass (tho fortunately, its not that lush at all where we live).

IWell my Trakehner went bananas, slid over and sliced into his stifle quite horrible. Not sure what on, perhaps some hard mud or a stone.

So he had only been out a few minutes and had to come back in again.

TB's hey!

Oh no!!!!!!!:eek: Healing vibes on their way!!!!

newrider.com