Wish me luck..

NightRider

Bored, IM me on msn;)
Aug 18, 2009
Oregon, U.S
So I'm gonna start ground/flat work with King tomorrow and hang up jumping for awhile:eek:. I think it will be best for both of us to just take a break and do some easy stuff for a bit and strengthen our bond as a team:)

I'll take pics and keep everyone updated most everyday if people are interested;):p

Finally, if anyone has anything they think would be great to start working on(we already know he can jump 2' but needs the basics down) let me know and I'll try to take your ideas and use them:D

Thanks guys

Definately do some pole work, lay poles out so you have to trot accross them, then do some canter poles, raised poles and such. Always a good start before jumping, before i started teaching Lantern to jump we did so much pole work!

When your schooling do figures of 8, serpentines etc etc to keep it varied and fun for both of you!

Have a look at This :)

Would love to see some pics - your boy is stunning.

Yeah I'm interested, Your horse is lovely :)

Not that I really know anything about training horses, but I would work on transitions between the different gaits and practice pole work!

Definately do some pole work, lay poles out so you have to trot accross them, then do some canter poles, raised poles and such. Always a good start before jumping, before i started teaching Lantern to jump we did so much pole work!

When your schooling do figures of 8, serpentines etc etc to keep it varied and fun for both of you!

Have a look at This :)

Would love to see some pics - your boy is stunning.

I'm almost thinking tomorrow I might just walk around the arena talking to him and thats all I got. I just wanna take things slow and can't think of anything else to work on lol

I'm almost thinking tomorrow I might just walk around the arena talking to him and thats all I got. I just wanna take things slow and can't think of anything else to work on lol

Sounds like a plan, that's basically what I did with my lad when I got home, walked around, did some circles and changes of rein, then introduced trotting, then did circles in trot, built up to canter, and cantering circles ...

Great idea to cut out the jumping - it's nice to see you are taking people's advice on board :) I had been riding for about 4 years before I jumped anything, and I always managed to find SOMETHING to do :rolleyes:

Great idea to cut out the jumping - it's nice to see you are taking people's advice on board :) I had been riding for about 4 years before I jumped anything, and I always managed to find SOMETHING to do :rolleyes:

Ok...get ready for piccs and update tomorrow everyone:D

newrider.com