Wish me luck!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
OH has bullied me into seeing the doc about yet another mole:frown: I hate going to the docs ( don't we all) but am really quite worried as it's nasty looking and raised up. Just hope they can get rid of it easily - whatever's wrong with it. Wish I'd gone a bit back - have been putting it off. Any good vibes welcome:cry:

Of course I am sending good vibes, but you almost certainly don't need them. I've known so many people get their moles checked out to find that it's all fine. Just go and have you mind put to rest, and if they decide to remove it as a precaution, I'm sure that will be fine too.

Definitely worth going to the docs, I would, but just bear in mind that it's only a tiny percentage that are nasties. Anyway, I'm covered in moles, if I had any more they'd be sending Bill Oddie over to make a wildlife programme about me. :giggle:

Of course I am sending good vibes, but you almost certainly don't need them. I've known so many people get their moles checked out to find that it's all fine. Just go and have you mind put to rest, and if they decide to remove it as a precaution, I'm sure that will be fine too.

Definitely worth going to the docs, I would, but just bear in mind that it's only a tiny percentage that are nasties. Anyway, I'm covered in moles, if I had any more they'd be sending Bill Oddie over to make a wildlife programme about me. :giggle:

:giggle:Thanks - it's better safe than sorry. Last time I went it was okay, but this is bothering me, and OH has been nagging me also, so best agree with him and go!!!

Glad I went - they're taking it off but only because it's a nuisance - she said it looked innocent enough - such a relief tho! Plus I asked her about some other niggles - so feeling much better!!!

Glad nothing serious then!!

I should really go get my moles checked, I have loads and always worry about them, just I don't like my doctor so never go

Glad nothing serious then!!

I should really go get my moles checked, I have loads and always worry about them, just I don't like my doctor so never go

That's a shame if you aren't keen on your gp - ours are lovely - they are always really helpful.

Very good news Trewsers, I have been thinking about you all day since I read your post this morning. such a relief to hear that the doc isnt concerned, I have had a couple removed just because they were a nuisance too. Unfortunately my family seem to have a huge genetic fail when it comes to rogue moles. We are a very moley lot, my brother has had problems too.

Both my sons have had problems with skin cancer.....for one of them after ops and treatment his prognosis was very guarded as one in particular was very close to the spinal column and very deep, they only gave him a 40 per cent chance of surviving more than 5 years. He was 21 - well he is now 38 and doesn't even have to go for check ups anymore. :smile:

The other one had his about 2 years ago, again he did need a second operation and they had to remove a hefty chunk of his upper leg and a few other suspicions areas too, but his prognosis is very much more optimistic, but he does still have check ups at the hospital, next one on Monday actually.

Incidentally, neither of my sons have ever sunbathed, and rarely worn clothing that exposed the areas that became a problem. So just because it is somewhere the sun doesn't shine, don't ignore it!:wink:

I would urge anyone to have even the slightest change or itching from a mole checked, very often they are nothing, but even if they are something more sinister early intervention is paramount to a good recovery.

Thanks guys. Tbh I'm not really one for sunbathing nowadays but in my youth I did use the dreaded sunbed!! We had no real idea how bad they were back in the 80's.

Cortrasna - that must have been very traumatic for your sons - but glad it seems to have worked out. Just goes to show even when a guarded prediction is given.

newrider.com