wish us luck (and you will be rewarded with lots of pics lol)

Gattino

Happy Appy
Jul 16, 2012
Ireland
The Spotty Chap and I are doing our second dressage comp on Saturday.

Really looking forward to it and hoping all goes as well as last time.

We have been working hard and even doing some flexing, getting a bit more bend, and going on the bit now :D

I will be proud of my boy no matter what as he does try and work his little spotty socks off even though at times I am sure he is thinking 'muummm, I don't know what you want!'

Could not ask for a better little horse, we are far from perfect but he does try his best to be as good as the big boys and girls :D

I feel so incredibly lucky to have him.

Nearly a year can you believe! Appy-versary is on August 15th

Have to post a before and after pic of my riding, just to show how much the spotty one has changed me as a rider. They are jumping ones taken about a year apart, first one is on a lovely RS horse. Didn't do dressage until recently lol! So no old pics of that :D

P1000231.JPG

CyrusSJ%2520F1.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers and Rubic
good luck!!

ooooo MP good luck too, i hope you have someone taking pictures?!?! on tues eve when i was doing the jumping i asked my friend afterwards (she does 3ft classes on her horse) how far off i am from doing a competitive class (we have some 1ft6/1ft9 classes in shows local to us) and she positively said i should do them now!! argh!! terrified! though we would win the slow race lol as i am too scared/unbalanced to canter around a course! I am going to attempt a class in Aug i think after a few more clear rounds in July for practise :)

good luck!!

ooooo MP good luck too, i hope you have someone taking pictures?!?! on tues eve when i was doing the jumping i asked my friend afterwards (she does 3ft classes on her horse) how far off i am from doing a competitive class (we have some 1ft6/1ft9 classes in shows local to us) and she positively said i should do them now!! argh!! terrified! though we would win the slow race lol as i am too scared/unbalanced to canter around a course! I am going to attempt a class in Aug i think after a few more clear rounds in July for practise :)

I find it hard to find jumping classes which start at under 2ft. There are a few but if I want to go to my very local ones (10 minutes drive away) I need to man up and do 2ft!!!

On Sunday the show allows you to do clear rounds on the course and modify it to your requirements. My plan is to go round the clear round a couple of times and then do the course as a competitive round. I have a friend coming with me (I am not quite brave enough to go to a jumping show along just yet!) so she may take pictures but it's in an indoor school so will have to see how the light is. I really wish you lived near me and we could go mini jumping together - I have no other friends who want to jump that small!

newrider.com