Wish us luck D Day Tomorrow

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
And she is in the huff again today. carpet fitter has mis-measured the carpets. so OH off to sort that out, I am off to take dogs walks and to vet. Have enough to deal with without huffing puffing old biddy being completely unreasonable.
I wish there was a 'tearing your hair out' emoji!

Reactions: Trewsers

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
She has been down today to see the flat now that the blinds are up, carpet is down - doors trimmed - cooker and fridge in. So all I have to do now is wait for the bed to be delivered, unload the horsebox and get all the furniture in, assemble a large IKEA unit, finish putting stuff in the kitchen, select and display ornaments from 3 boxes worth of them, etc. So secretaire, 2 arm chairs, nest of glass tables, glass tv stand and large tv, other table, fire and heavy marble plinth to be lugged in. Then do the rest of the kitchen stuff, stock with food, and tidy up.

Reactions: Huggy

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
She has been down today to see the flat now that the blinds are up, carpet is down - doors trimmed - cooker and fridge in. So all I have to do now is wait for the bed to be delivered, unload the horsebox and get all the furniture in, assemble a large IKEA unit, finish putting stuff in the kitchen, select and display ornaments from 3 boxes worth of them, etc. So secretaire, 2 arm chairs, nest of glass tables, glass tv stand and large tv, other table, fire and heavy marble plinth to be lugged in. Then do the rest of the kitchen stuff, stock with food, and tidy up.
You must be utterly exhausted. I hope you're going to have a proper rest when she's actually in there and sorted.

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
And breathe....

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Got the furniture in this morning. Couldn't get the horsebox packed near the entrance so had to trolley everything across the car park. The two armchairs would not go in the lift, so we had to carry them up 2 flights of stairs next to a stair lift so we had grand fun, particularly as one of them is a recliner. Had even more fun getting them in the door of the flat and round into the room. The ordinary armchair was a tight fit, then having lugged the recliner up the stairs found it was 2 inches wider....not sure how but squeezed it in. The antique secretaire was bloody heavy, and spilled the contents of the drawers all over the car park....the glass tv stand was equally annoying. Brought in some of the lights but one is too too big. The marble plinth for the fire and fire won't fit so i now have to get rid of 5ft of marble which is blooming heavy. One of the other chairs won't go in. Thank god we didn't bring the sofa, it would never have got up the stairs never mind in. It all looks ok, it's tight but it doesn't make the room look too small. Waiting for the bed to arrive. And have the display unit to assemble and fill with bits and pieces, finish unloading and tidying the kitchen, put in lampshades in various places then breath.

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Got the furniture in this morning. Couldn't get the horsebox packed near the entrance so had to trolley everything across the car park. The two armchairs would not go in the lift, so we had to carry them up 2 flights of stairs next to a stair lift so we had grand fun, particularly as one of them is a recliner. Had even more fun getting them in the door of the flat and round into the room. The ordinary armchair was a tight fit, then having lugged the recliner up the stairs found it was 2 inches wider....not sure how but squeezed it in. The antique secretaire was bloody heavy, and spilled the contents of the drawers all over the car park....the glass tv stand was equally annoying. Brought in some of the lights but one is too too big. The marble plinth for the fire and fire won't fit so i now have to get rid of 5ft of marble which is blooming heavy. One of the other chairs won't go in. Thank god we didn't bring the sofa, it would never have got up the stairs never mind in. It all looks ok, it's tight but it doesn't make the room look too small. Waiting for the bed to arrive. And have the display unit to assemble and fill with bits and pieces, finish unloading and tidying the kitchen, put in lampshades in various places then breath.
How utterly exhausting. I have only moved three times - one was not too bad other three were epic. Can only imagine how knackered you are feeling.

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
stiff as a
How utterly exhausting. I have only moved three times - one was not too bad other three were epic. Can only imagine how knackered you are feeling.
stiff as a plank. went down for couple of hours today putting up pictures, getting all the junk and tools out and changing lampshades, cleaned floor and hoovered, got a few bits down so came back when tired.

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
stiff as a

stiff as a plank. went down for couple of hours today putting up pictures, getting all the junk and tools out and changing lampshades, cleaned floor and hoovered, got a few bits down so came back when tired.
Warm bath, magnesium bath salts, soft lighting and plump pillows. Oh, and a face mask if you can manage one.

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Almost finished

Attachments

• 20201101_162106.jpg
    20201101_162106.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201101_162129.jpg
    20201101_162129.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201101_162156.jpg
    20201101_162156.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201201_095130.jpg
    20201201_095130.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201201_095302.jpg
    20201201_095302.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201201_095314.jpg
    20201201_095314.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201201_095330.jpg
    20201201_095330.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20201201_095408.jpg
    20201201_095408.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20201201_095442.jpg
    20201201_095442.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20201201_095451.jpg
    20201201_095451.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 7

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Have put up some really nice xmas decorations and she has moved in this afternoon. The flat looks bloody lovely, it is so warm compared to us - we couldn;'t afford to heat the place like that - and clean and tidy. I got a cleaner to go in and do it this morning and she will go every week for an hour to keep it up together plus she used to clean for us and she is really nice.

Met her carer who seems nice, and it looks like she and her daughter will be the main carers so we have continuity. Left her after she had her dinner and the same person will go in at 830 to check she is ok and if she needs anything more.

So 4 visits a day. I think mum was genuinely amazed at how nice the flat is, yes it is small and would be ideal if we could fit another chair in, but it is fine for her and she can get around it easily. Have stocked the fridge with some ready meals, and some home cooked stuff, and will pop in tomorrow and see how things are going.