Wish us luck!

bitsnpieces

Aug 22, 2007
Mimi + Me and I are going on an 11 mile sponsored ride tomorrow!

Fingers crossed the weather holds out for us - will try to update with pics!

Well.... we had a fab time!!!! The girls were amazingly well behaved, especially considering that they'd never met before - they weren't bothered at all by all the other horses and boxed or the fact that they were in a totally strange place! Puzzle spent most of her time trying to wander along taking in all the scenery....but she was still fab. :)

It did however hammer it down for 2 of the 3 hours that it took us to do the ride and as we were some of the last to start it was pretty badly churned by the time we were riding round.

My two fave moments of the day were:

- Having a lovely canter up the sand tracks toward the end of the ride...was v.impressed Puz still had the puff to get up the hills.

- When we suddenly realised we were going under a railway bridge so stopped as we could here a train coming, Mim+Me said "Ooh, Mimi - you've never seen a train before"....cue train goes wizzing by, Mimi is looking behind her as if to say "what's one of those then? Can I eat it?"

All in all was a fab although a little soggy day. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to take pics....weather was that bad!!!!

newrider.com