wonders of modern science

P

pinkheather

What an amazing world we live in now. I just watched my daughters maiden race on the computer coming from Hawks Bay in New Zealand. When i was her age i had to write to my mother and tell her to be at the phone box at a certain time on a certain date if i wanted to talk to her. Daughter was just squeezed out of a place and came in 4 by a short head.

Brilliant - bet you were chuffed! How come her first race is in New Zealand - makes it sound like a jet set lifestyle though I bet it's jolly hard work.

Agree re the technology. My children look at me indulgently and disbeleivingly whenever I mention the concept of black and white TV.

Brilliant - bet you were chuffed! How come her first race is in New Zealand - makes it sound like a jet set lifestyle though I bet it's jolly hard work.

Agree re the technology. My children look at me indulgently and disbeleivingly whenever I mention the concept of black and white TV.

Her and her boyfriend went over their on work permits just to work at the stables. But impressed the owner so much that he thought they could both jockey so her boyfriend has his pro license and she has just got her amateur license. They are both excellent riders to be fair and far to brave at times.

Oh she's a jockey? I was wondering what sort of race you were talking about, thought maybe she was into yachting or something!

newrider.com