Woof Boots

I have a pair - they're very comfy, but with winter approaching I'll be putting them in the cupboard til next year :cool:.
They're only waterproof upto the ankle (beyond where the foot part joins the leg they're water resistant but not waterproof). Feet and legs get wet after stepping in a couple of puddles so they're not really hardcore winter wear.

They are super comfy and do keep your feet toasty for mucking out though :). So if you don't have a soaking wet field to march across I'd highly recommed them!

As for riding, I do ride in mine when feeling lazy. They're fine, but the calf cuts off in an awkward place (catches on saddle flap).

I have a pair and they are good at keeping your feet warm. However, they are bulky and uncomfortable to ride in I find. I have size 8 feet and I am worried that I would get my foot stuck in the stirrups. One day when I was riding in them, I had to reach down to remove my foot cos it had slipped through the stirrup and I couldn't get it back to the correct position cos of their bulkyness.

I did fall off with them on and my foot thankfully came free but I won't be taking that chance again, plus I've never managed to get all the sand out of the fleece, even though I hoovered them :mad:

I have them and I LOVE them!

I wouldn't say they are really rubbish where water is concerned - anyone remember all the snow we had?! I walked around 3 miles in the 3ft snow here in these boots, got home and feet were dry and warm :)

I suffer from very bad circulation and these boots saved me last winter - kept my feet very warm. Yes they are not wellies so walking around in really deep puddles wont work, but for your average puddle they are fine. I still came home with numb toes, but as I say I have very bad circulation, normal people will be ok :)

I did ride in them once and found them ok but not great - hard to get a decent leg contact, my share is very responsive, and these are quite thick on the leg so I was not aware I was touching her sides when I was and wondering why we were leg yielding, haha! I preferred my normal riding boots so I used to swap boots before riding, then swap back again (this is actually very good for keeping the circulation going in your feet :))

Was going to ask exactly that, i've been contemplating a pair, they look soooooo comfy, i'm torn as nowhere local to me stocks them so it'd be mail order or ebay, and i'm wondering now whether they'd be a bit too wide for the stirrups in a sz 6. Hmm, decisions decisions.... lol

I am planning to get some this year. I have a couple of pairs of the
cheaper 'Derby House' own make that are copies of these. I have ridden in them with no problems.

They have been great tbh, kept my feet warm and dry but thought I would
get the 'proper' job this year, lol.

I wore mine so much that the ankle bit actually cracked open! Found riding in them really cosy in the winter so kept on using them until one day I had to dismount in a freezing cold stream, snow everywhere(don't ask, he took a complete I'm stuck mum and I'm not going anywhere moment) and they got soaked and yes I had to ride for another hour in probably 2 degrees with sodden boots! Not funny, thought I might loose a foot! Monster however tottled along quite happy with his wee self for crossing the big scary stream!!

x

newrider.com