Woohoo, great lesson!

N

Nazdaq

Had another great lesson, it seems I am learning sooo fast now! Each lesson I am so much better! I rode Dylan for the first time today, did his bridle, saddle and everything myself. Only problem I had was him walking off when I was trying to mount. :eek: :eek:
We warmed up, did circles and changes of rein in walk, then in trot. Then I had a little canter again, it was miles better this time, I still bounced, but not as badly! :D
Then we did some more work in walk and trot, keeping a straight line down the centre line, transitions (walk for 2 strides at X then trot again, which was very fun!) and sitting trot, which I bounced what seemed alot, but I think it actually didn't look too bad! :)
When I got off, my legs were like jelly, I nearly fell over (they sort of gave way beneath me!)...is that supposed to happen?! :confused: I then hobbled to the stables, untacked Dylan and that was that! It was great. I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the day!

Aww well done!!
It's great when you have a good lesson isn't it?

As for the jelly legs, its completely normal when you first start riding you're legs will get used to it soon, and will feel normal when you dismount :)

Sounds like you have found your way now. It could also be that the new horse had a saddle that suited you better than previous ones. I have just found out that by changing Joy's saddle I have changed overnight into more of the rider I would like to be without changing anything about my riding. The saddle has helped beyond belief :D

Wow, I will have to keep that in mind when I get my own ponio! That makes alot of sense though, thanks Joy and Groovy for the comments. :D

P.S: More replies welcome!

EDIT: Update, I am soooo stiff today! Muscles definetely need more canter training, its such a different movement! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a good feeling when you have a good lesson:) When my legs are like jelly and sweat is pouring down my back I know it has been a goody! I am feeling more and more secure on my horse each lesson although I am not sure what my progession rate is really like! I would love to leave a lesson where I was told my position was perfect and everything went perfectly! I am very hard on myself.

Its good to hear you were doing lots of transitions.Thats what I was doing yesterday. Even though I have had heaps of lessons I still am learning tricks to get a better trot to walk transiton on Suzie. She don't like to slow! So I feel a bit of a loser at times still not having mastered this properly with her!

aww good that you had a good lesson if he walks off hold your inside rein a litte shorter to tip his head toward you and it will make him stand still hoefully

Yeah, stormy's mum, I was told that but I kept forgetting! :p I don't have any pics, (don't have a digital camera!) but I am hoping for my parents to take some pics when they visit at the end of the month. :D

newrider.com