WORD OF WARNING ....£20 notes...

fairlady

Jul 14, 2007
Bristol
There seems to be an influx of fraudulent £20 notes going around at the moment, especially in Bristol, but you can bet they are further afield by now.....they are 'very' good tbh but carefully check the bank note number, there are too many spaces and also check the silver strip that runs through, it seems to look solid when you hold it up to the light !

Shhhhhhhhhh will ya ... i`ve just printed off a fresh batch and if you keep telling folk, no one will want em !!!!!

I don`t know, you just can`t get the staff !!!!

£20 notes ... get ya £20 notes ... only a tenner a piece :biggrin:

You stand more chance of passing off a duff English BAnk note than you do getting folk to accept a Scottish one!

Someone tried to pay my boss for something in fake £20s, when he went to count them to double check the amount all the serial numbers were the same! So he told them to come back the next day with some real money or they could pee off lol.

I've been paid large bills before where I work in cash, something I don't usually check but as I deal with cash on a regular basis something just looked off with them, so I took one away and compared it to another one I had in the safe. Bingo - found the fraudulent items on it and took it back to the person trying to pay the bill. They hit the roof, but nothing I could do about it, she collected money from various people to pay this bill and had to do it on her card in the end.

You stand more chance of passing off a duff English BAnk note than you do getting folk to accept a Scottish one!

We are happy to take them in our cafe!

Regulars have come back recently from Arran, Linlithgow and Cupar and all of them paid for their coffee with Scottish tenners.

newrider.com