World Equestrian Games 2014

joosie

lifelong sufferer of restless brain syndrome
Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
Fans/followers of equestrian sport might know that next summer's WEG are being held in Normandy, France (Aug 23 - Sept 7). All the disciplines except the endurance are being held at Caen, and since we only live 40mins' drive away it would be silly not to go! It's way too far ahead for us to know when we'll be free, so we've bought tickets for everything we'd like to see, as we can always sell them to friends if it turns out we can't make it. We're mostly hoping to go to the carriage driving trials, and the XC phase of the eventing, but a bit of the showjumping would be nice too, I also want to see the para dressage but need to find someone to go with cos my boss and her mum aren't so interested.

Just wondering if any NRers are planning to go?

http://www.alltechfeiweg2014-normandy.com/en/

For some reason i assumed that all WEG were in the states. I really dont know why though :redface:

Lol dunno, the last ones (2010) were in the US so maybe you just remember that? - though that was actually the first time they'd been hosted outside Europe.

My understanding is that anybody is welcome to apply to volunteer, but I think you might be a bit late, the interviews are being held through Nov/Dec (on the phone if not able to attend in person). We have friends who applied but then withdrew their applications when they were told it would be compulsory to volunteer every day for the duration of the Games - they were kind of hoping to watch a bit themselves!

newrider.com