Wormers

We used the one in a blue and gold box in autumn - sorry not very helpful! Its the tape worm one. Equest pramox? Rest of the time we do egg counts.

I egg count 3 times per year and then worm as advised by my vet. I have just wormed Ben with a double dose of pyrantel which covers tape worm as well. His worm count was only 115 but as he shares a field with several other horses and the fields are not routinely poo picked, this is what he recommended. I also had a good chat with the guys who work in my tack shop. They were really knowledgeable and if you have a good tack shop which sells wormers, it may be worth going to speak with them.

Well I tried to buy some sheep wormer at the weekend. Went especially as I need to cover liver fluke and haven't got enough to worm all the sheep. Anyway we were met with such short attitude horse wormer went out my head completely. They were so off that even my mum said she felt like slinging the items on the counter we were about to purchase, and walking out the shop. Only the second time I've been in to that shop since our local countrywide closed. Both times weve been met with attitude so I wont be going to them again. Not sure where to get wormers currently but the boys need doing so I might order on line but need to know which to get. I think the red worm one needed doing in the spring but I cant remember. I know theres a really good thread on here from a while ago. I'll have to search for it.

Well I tried to buy some sheep wormer at the weekend. Went especially as I need to cover liver fluke and haven't got enough to worm all the sheep. Anyway we were met with such short attitude horse wormer went out my head completely. They were so off that even my mum said she felt like slinging the items on the counter we were about to purchase, and walking out the shop. Only the second time I've been in to that shop since our local countrywide closed. Both times weve been met with attitude so I wont be going to them again. Not sure where to get wormers currently but the boys need doing so I might order on line but need to know which to get. I think the red worm one needed doing in the spring but I cant remember. I know theres a really good thread on here from a while ago. I'll have to search for it.

That sounds like poor service. Hmm. I use Hyperdrug for wormers, they are very good and efficient.

I normally order online. My short version is worm count or do roundworm, redworm, threadworm etc. in the spring summer and autumn, then in winter do everything plus tape, bots and encysted redworm. Most wormers cover the warm weather ones, but only certain ones work on tapes, bots and encysted RW.

newrider.com