Would anyone be interested in helping me out with horse?

a+e

Jul 3, 2007
suffolk
I didnt think i would need to ask this, but im getting quite desperate.
Im getting myself in a bit of a state lately from not having enough time to do everything i need to with my horse ( and shetland baby)
Since the winters here there just arent enough daylight hours to do everything.
My mare has gone from being ridden 5-6 days a week to only 1 or 2 some weeks, and i feel really bad.
She is kept at my Dads farm so there is no-one else around to help if i ever get stuck.
She is a 14.3hh welsh D, 9 yrs old. Very laid back but can be a little nervous sometimes so needs a fairly confident rider. Very well behaved, excellent manners, safe, quiet and great in traffic/ open fields etc.
I could do with a bit of help 1/2 days a week with a few small yard chores and riding, with great off road private hacking.
Anyone interested??

Attachments

• Picture 090.jpg
    Picture 090.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Your horse is gorgeous - I am sure someone close to your neighbourhood will snap your hand off. Are you wanting payment? It may be worth stating that.

Thanks.
No i dont want any payment, just a hand with some chores in exchange for unlimited riding a day or two a week.

yeah, you're too far away otherwise i would have said yes please! :D

I wish I could find a chance like that round here. There'll be someone in your area for sure that'd be more than willing to help out!

Don;t feel bad about not riding, I don't, and I'm sure Blue doesn't.

I;ve just found a helper, I don;t think you will have any probs finding one, your horse is lovely.

Thanks. It would just take the pressure off me a bit to have someone ride her occasionally- stop me feeling guilty:eek:
I will probably have to put a local ad in my tack shop, i think everyone on here is too far away:rolleyes:

That's just what i have for Sen, and it works really well. My sharer rides Sen for me two days a week and mucks out and does the chores on those days. It really helps me out as it means he gets ridden more and i get help with the stable. I found her just by asking about in the neighbourhood. She turned out to be the next door neighbour of a friend. I found tack shops aren't really the best place to put ads as most people who shop in them already have horses.

It could be worth trying local riding schools for someone who can ride but is thinking about buying their own horse. Or you could try an ad in Horsemart or Ad trader. Or even the village shop.

best of luck:)

newrider.com