Would anyone like to see my rosettes?

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Just a bit of fun, this is what I achieved in 2014, my pony was out of work most of it so these are for photo competitions. But this year I would really love to get another Interdressage rosette and maybe a clear round one?! I'm sure lots of you have more impressive rosettes/cups/trophies. Anyone want to share a pic? IMAG2516_1.jpg

I have two horsey rosettes. A pink one saying Birthday Girl - given me by the RS - may be on my 70th birthday and the other from a grand daughter at Olympia this year saying Merry Christmas.
I also have a hand sewn rosette from the 1960s, used only at election time when telling for a political party at a polling station. I bet people dont make them by hand these days.

Well done Ale. I have NO ROSETTES! I haven't done any kind of horsey competition since I was about 14 - and I don't think I won anything then either. This year will be the Year Of The Rosette. I must win one!

We have so many that we have bagged most of them up and put them in the loft, Tess retired from showing a few years ago now, Acorn has being showing successfully for 8 years, Charlie for 6 and Nuts started when we got her a couple of years ago, although she and Emm have gathered a handful and Emm has then in her bedroom together with the ones she has won with Acorn - her uncle made her a board to display them on, pride of place is her reserve champion one - she didn't get out last year thanks to both of them picking up injuries so she is hoping to add some more this year if shes lucky enough to get placed, she will be moving up to first ridden so it might be specials rather than placings depending on how the Thug behaves, but we do tell her its the taking part and having fun not the ribbons! but they are nice to have

Reactions: MrA
Its about having fun with your horse!! Never about the ribbons.
Ribbons are the ICING ON THE CAKE!

The best horse I ever had, in terms of teaching me to ride and horsemanship never won a single ribbon with me. To take him to a show would have fried his tiny brain. But what that horse taught me could never be replaced with ribbons.

newrider.com