Would this help my high withered horse?

I ride gaited horses, most of whom have extremely high withers- most of our saddles are vintage models that are no longer manufactured, but I have a Timberline that’s fit every horse I’ve put it on, and my boss just got a Tucker on loan from a friend- it also fits my horses quite nicely. Buying western saddles for high withered horses is a challenge because western saddle makers only care about making wide gullets- but you shouldn’t worry about width, just worry about the height.

You can see the Timberline here- My saddle is the Continental, but it looks like most of the western saddles have a nice front end. All Timberlines have a feature called “flex panels”- hinged, fleece-lined panels that adjust to the shape of the horse’s barrel, so it fits your round horses and your flat-sided horses.

The Tuckers are here- The saddle I have right now has a very very cushioned seat, and there’s not a whole lot of flat seat between where the cantle ends and the swells begin (it kinda rubs down there- ouch!)- I prefer a firmer, flatter seat, but it’s very secure. I believe the one I've been using is the High Plains model, but I couldn't say for sure.

I wouldn’t put a lot of padding underneath my saddle to fit it, but if you really can’t afford a saddle that fits, it’s much better than putting your horse through the nightmare of an ill-fitted saddle.

Thanks everyone! Well, I went to a saddle consignment today and I am trying a saddle tomorrow, it looks VERY promising. The lady said if it doesn't fit him I must own a camel...lol Only problem is it is going to cost me $1,200... Big shock, nice saddle, darn horse! Otherwise the next one with correct height is old,ugly and $900... Also, found a very nice bareback pad and reins their together for $100... SO I am spending more money than I have! Grr...

newrider.com