Would you wear a Black Show Jacket for any Showing??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to agree with Cochise on this one. Any more adverse comments directed at madmare1 could result in the poster having their posting priveleges suspended. It's one thing to offer constructive critisism when it is asked for but to go looking for pictures and then tear the subject apart is not just disappointing; it's vicious.

I show. I try and turn out as correctly as I can; but if it ever got to the point where I felt that what was posted here was warranted... well it'd be time for me to call it a day.

You have been warned.

Right to settle an arguement in here, this is mad mare senior! The correct turnout is as follows, whatever your particular breed society lays down is the correct dress for YOUR BREED or TYPE! I have always shown in tweeds for hunters and natives, navy blue jackets for hacking classes, and BLACK jackets for the rest! If you are a hunt servant then and only then are you strictly allowed to wear hunting pink (red jacket or whatever other colour your hunt servants wear!) However there are some rules that state tweeds for morning classes, black or navy for afternoon classes or evening showing withthe correctheadgear, hunting cap for daytime with stock and tie and bowler or top hat for evening showing withthe approapriate dress! I have been showinghorses for a number of years and have NEVER ever been turfed out of a class or pulled up for wearingincorrect dress and black jackets are the personal preference of me and my daughter, so kindly please stop the personal attacks, its not clever, its not professional and certainly uncalled for!

madmare, you had best read the AHS rules then, they state tweed or navy jackets. and yes i could tear your turnout to pieces but ive been warned so i wont. and as for your comment that only one person at the royal lancs was in tweed and everyone else was in black. i can see 3 tweeds in the back of that pic already.
tweed for hunters, natives, riding horses, coloureds and arabs.
blue for hacks and arabs.

ETA with such a lovely horse you should be up the top end of the line not loitering in the middle. give our turnout a go and see how much better you do!

Last edited by a moderator:
My last post on this thread before I give up. :rolleyes:

Madmare - if you are so so positive that your turnout is correct and the best way to go, beg/steal/borrow what we say is the correct turnout and wear it for just one show. See what response you get from the judges and other competitors alike. Ask the judge what they think. Have some photos taken, and compare them to the ones you've posted above. If you'll still convinced that you look best in what you wore above, then it's obviously not worth us typing any more to try and change your mind.

And incidently, judges rarely offer comments that aren't asked for, such as ones on turnout. ;)

I have just had it from the AHS Tweed jackets for daytime shows, and BLACK or navy jackets for IMPORTANT shows, ie county level, or evening championships! And that is direct from the AHS rulebook for this year. However, judges will accept black jackets because not every horse suits a rider in tweed, now please let this be the end of the matter.

important shows= RIHS, HOYS, etc not a county show, that would be a tweed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newrider.com