Wow I can wear dresses!

eml

Apr 29, 2002
Leicestershire
www.ivanhoeequestrian.net
Since my husband died six years ago I have really only done horsey things so lived in trousers/jods but this year went to a Christmas party and a ball!!

First party I wore a grey mini-ish dress with black wooly tights, for the ball a jade green long dress with a split up the side.

I could get used to this dressing up...still got on the nail varnish daughter pointed me at while she was styling my hair!!

What do you wear outside horse time??

Your dresses sound lovely EML!

I actually hate getting ready to go out anywhere nowadays as I live in jods and warm comfy clothes but I went to a Christmas masquerade ball the other day and got all dressed up, here's a pic of me and the other half.

xmasparty.jpg

I live in jeans or leggings and long tops, with the occasional dress thrown in :D Sadly at the moment, I only get to wear jods once a week **sob**
I love the chance to get dressed up, am having my work's do on Friday night and have found the PERFECT dress :D It's green (my fave colour!), one shouldered, with a big flower on the shoulder :wub:

Cor Laura you look stunning!

I wear old jeans/jods for horsey stuff, jeans and a flowered shirt or chef's whites in the cafe (uniform) and smart trousers, shirts etc for professional work. I have a stunning long pucci-print dress I am longing to wear - hope I get the chance this Christmas, but normally I don't wear a skirt except in the summer.

Trousers all the way in this camp, I've been warned I've to wear a dress on our christmas night out on Saturday but they've got no chance, I'm wearing smart jeans (its just a night out on the town so not like a proper christmas ball). I have bought a pair of long black boots to see if I can get away with wearing them with my jeans tucked in but don't think its a look I can carry off, I'm too top heavy and I'll look like an upside down triangle.

Outside of horse time?! I work in jeans so I spend my life in jods or jeans and quite enjoy putting a dress on occasionally too!! I got one out for the christmas party last week but I seem to have forgotten how to put make up on I use it so rarely! :redcarded:

I was always firmly of the trousers only camp but my uni and then my work and some charity work I did kept inflicting black tie events on me so I found a dress style that suits me and have stuck with it!

I live in jeans or leggings with long tops that cover my bum. I wear jods or old jeans when up the farm.

I went to a works xmas do on friday and wore tights with a jumper dress with deep V and black top underneath and stiletto heels! :smoke: I hate going out though as it takes an age to get my hair right!

Trousers all the way in this camp, I've been warned I've to wear a dress on our christmas night out on Saturday but they've got no chance, I'm wearing smart jeans (its just a night out on the town so not like a proper christmas ball). I have bought a pair of long black boots to see if I can get away with wearing them with my jeans tucked in but don't think its a look I can carry off, I'm too top heavy and I'll look like an upside down triangle.

Try it and see. I can get away with that but can't wear skinny jeans as I look like a triangle.
I find shirt dresses and jeans and long boots go well or leggings would work too mind you.
I'm going to attempt that ensemble on Saturday for the estate Xmas drinkies at the pub.

What you have seen me in is what I wear. Minus the over trousers! We have a communal pile of jeans and teeshirts in our household and everyone grabs the pair on the top of the pile, a teeshirt from the drawer and a fleece from the wardrobe. Underwear is the only thing we have to ourselves.

I have not been to a party, or the like for years and if I do it's teeshirt and jeans! I do have a couple of posh ganseys that can go over jeans.

I love dresses but sadly not on myself!lol. Haven't worn dresses and enjoyed them since I was a tiny size 10! I went through a stage when I was heavy wearing them to cover myself up from head to foot (literally) but realised they weren't fooling anybody! Past 8 years I've maintained a normal weight but I prefer to be seen outside of horsey gear in smart jeans and either a smart shirt or jumper. Very boring really..........

Outside of horsey time I still live in joggy bottoms and leggings!

I wore a dress the other day when I realised that tesco have failed me and no longer to trousers to fit short & fat! So I had to buy a dress, teamed with thick tights (can't remember the last time I wore tights) and heels (the only pair I own!) and apparently looked smart :| what is this thing smart?! I only know the scruffy I have horses so no I didn't brush my hair and no I don't own makeup look!

I have to make a bit of an effort for work...normally leggings and nice jumper/tunic dress or dress trousers and top, proper shoes/boots. Elsewhere comfy jeans (in house shove pj bottoms on) a hoody and comfy chunky swear boots/new rocks.

I have two Xmas nights this weekend...one I can get away with skinny jeans and a dressy top as just team night but the other is strictly party wear. Bought dress which is lovely but can not be assed getting organised for it :frown:

newrider.com