Writing a letter to Roo's old owner *Help*

bebophutch

ღ JJ & Roo ღ
Jun 23, 2002
WEST SUSSEX
Hiya Guys..

Well I am getting rather vocal again on my old NR boards!!
And was wondering if my good old friends would once again lend a hand.

I want to write a letter to Roo's Old owner, just asking what he was like with her and what things she did with him.. Just so I know a bit more about him as all I do is presume as he came from a dealer..

I am awful at putting things to words so was wondering if you had any ideas you could give me, just sentances I could use

Thanks Guys
x x x :p

Hey Becky!

Just keep it simple. Just explain who you are, when you purchased Roo. What you currently do with him and what your future plans are. Then say the reason for writing is beacuse you are very curious to find out about Roos past. What he was like, what things did he do etc etc.

Then end it by saying - I would be very greatful for any info, I look forward to hearing from you blah blah, Many thanks .....

Good luck!

Kez xx

Well I wrote to Merrick's old owner and got a phone call back the day the letter arrived! So there must have been something good in there ;)
It's not a bad general letter actually, if you change names/dates etc. If you want a copy, PM me your email address and I'll send it through :)

I recently tracked down Bryonys old owner listed in her passport. I managed to get hold of an e-mail address by searching the postcode and found a place in wales that had holiday cottages and room to bring a pony so I took a chance and e-mailed them.
I just said I was sorry to bother them but I had just purchased a horse I believe they used to own. I was interested in finding any information out about her.
The lady e-mailed me straight back and asked me to call her.
She was very friendly and very helpful, she was thrilled to know how Bryony was as there had been alot of tears when she was sold. I found out that she was an irish cob and not a welshie as I believed and lot's of other bits.
I said I might take Bryony up to see them sometime as they have holiday cottages where you can take your horse to!!
I am so glad I contacted them and most people will be thrilled to know how an old horse is getting on.

I'm lucky as Cherry's previous owner is still at the yard with her other pony so if I have any queries I can ask her directly! :)

newrider.com