WWYD ? ?

CharliesAngel

Jan 15, 2010
warning, sorry in advance, sounds ridiculous!

so.... my wintec dressage saddle doesnt fit brook anymore, i had 3 (!!) saddle fitters out and was offered something around 1k as the only solution. Having spoken at length to one that I trust I have a good idea what she needs so set about looking 2nd hand (and then she will come and check it). What Ive been after is an Ideal WH in a 16.5 or 17, wide.

One came up on preloved, a 17”, perfect, really good price. This was a week ago past wednesday, so 9 days. Having spoken to the seller she first off said she had a lorry coming up to aberdeen airport (she is down south, im 30 mins from the airport in aberdeen) and i could collect it from there, try and see if it was ok , she didnt even ask for payment. I did offer to paypal her! She said if it was no use we could arrange for it to be collected!! Turned out the driver was then actually going to Dundee , not Aberdeen and there was no way I could get to Dundee. So!!... she then said he had posted it to me from Edinburgh ! She sounded totally genuine. The weekend came and no saddle - I rang her on Monday and spoke to her husband who said yes, he knew all about it and apparently it had been passed to someone who works for them in Edinburgh who has admitted she forgot to post it and it was still in her car. He said it was definitely being sent on Monday. Today is Thursday, guess what, no saddle. I have called again and the lady assures me it was sent on Mon and she is going to try an get tracking details from the girl.

in the meantime - one came up on ebay, a 16.5”. It ends this evening and is also a good price. ive been looking for weeks and not seen any others!!

So , help! WWYD?? Trust the first one is on its way and miss the ebay one or buy the ebay one and risk ending up with 2 ?!

well im glad i got the one on ebay!! The preloved one arrived today and its lovely!! sits well on Brook - but its a 17 1/2 !!!!!!! FFS, why cant people measure saddles properly!

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com