X country run and surprise

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
A month ago I signed on to complete the local Off Roader Ridge race X country run I opted to do the 6.5km not the 10 as I was not sure my ankle or newly damaged popliteus muscle (back of the knee currently under more physio) could hold up to the longer distance off road.

It has rained nearly non stop for 3 days and was raining this morning I have to say I was dreading it. When I got there the skies cleared and it was quite warm. I was a little out of sorts as I was on my own OH had a golf comp so I felt a little down about having no support but I manned up.

The route was awesome I just wish I could of stopped to actually enjoy the view but through the sweat ruining down my face it was difficult to see:help:

The first mile was ace and I got a PB of 7.33. The it got hard really hard I could see people up on the hill walking. I don't walk ever.... and I didn't a that point. At the turn off for the 10K race I could not make out how many people were in front and to be honest I did not care I just wanted to breath at this point. I took over one other bloke and trudge up the hill.

I turned the corner and saw the final climb it was a vertical field and looked like hell. I ran the whole way to the stop, I might as well have walked for the pace I was doing. As I got to the top the man said I was currently in 3rd:biggrin: No way!!!

I did have to walk for 10 steps as I felt dizzy at the peak then carried on. I was then over taken by a female :frown: gutted but I was knacked at this point. I saw the last stretch and it was on the main road which my body liked and picked up a fair bit I could see the lady in front of me but I just let her go I am just not that competitive, which no one believes but I know in my heart that if I really wanted to take her I could of pushed on harder but I just don't.

The surprise is I came in 4th with a time of 37.14 :smug: I raised £100 for the British Heart Foundation as well. Not sure how many runners altogether yet but actually don't care either.

Now I am home I have had a hot shower and a cup of coffee sitting here feeling quite happy.

Sorry I really needed to share and other is not home yet.

ehe5apez.jpg

Thanks guys. I sat down this afternoon and was very stiff when I got up to change. A good hack out with my oh on the boys helped. But pretty sure that after yesterday jump lesson the run today and a two hour fast hack will mean I will be very stiff tomorrow.

Thanks guys. I sat down this afternoon and was very stiff when I got up to change. A good hack out with my oh on the boys helped. But pretty sure that after yesterday jump lesson the run today and a two hour fast hack will mean I will be very stiff tomorrow.

newrider.com