Yay I Passed!!!!

Kc Mac

Aug 22, 2008
I took my trailer test yesterday and PASSED yay!!!! So happy now me and Indie have complete independance a last!!:D:D:D

I'm so pleased to have passed first time after 1 days training (5 hours) and straight into the test! I had been practising at home so i had a good understanding and some practical experience which helped!

For anyone looking to train or the trailer test i would highly recommend Dean from MK Driver Training - find details at http://www.mktowingcourses.co.uk/index.htm

Dean was extremely patient, made it interesting, stress free and a giggle! I had a real fun day although slightly nervous about my test! He gave me the confidence i was lacking, and ensured i was very well prepared and gave me the time to work on the bits i was unsure of. Dawn (receptionist) was extremely helpful and managed to get me a test booked very quickly and was very flexible about fitting in my training around my test! I would recommend MK Driver Training to anyone and they cover a wide area and as i found are willing to be very flexible to fit with your needs! They are definately worth a call even if they are not local (as they are not for me) but you are willing to travel to them (which i did).;)

Thanks guys!! The hardest thing was getting out of 10yrs worth of bad habits!!

Just so chuffed......:p

Oh Well done to you - Goodluck for all future plans in the trailer.

However... Please may I ask exactly what you did for your test? and how much was it for the five hours of training and what did you do exactly in that time?? What did you practice beforehand also??

I have (within the last three weeks) Just got myself a 4x4 and a trailer (505) and thus will have to take my test too, though I have had no experience so far!

Anyway well done again..x

Lottie.dot - The 1 day with MK Driver Training was £360 including the test price! We covered EVERYTHING needed for the test, includes show and tell questions, reversing, emergency stop, coupling/un coupling, hill starts, pulling into traffic but mainly correcting bad habits!!! Can't remember anything else!

Beforehand i actually had an hours assessment with a different company who i was completely unhappy with hence i went elsewhere for training and test! However the bonus being he talked me through what was required and gave me some literature on the test! I had concentrated on reversing and hill starts (with handbrake!) and then went out on the roads a few times.

If you can afford a 3 day course go for it and learn correctly from scratch! I could not afford that and if you can't then I would advise you drive around a field and get used to driving forwards, turns, roundabouts (cones or rubber buckets are useful!) and then reversing. Depending on how confident you are get someone to take you out on the roads or book and assessment hour which will give you a good idea of what its like!

MK Driver Training offer 1,2 or 3 days training (as most companies do). 3 days aimed at people never having towed.

I will also add that for the training and test its only a little box trailer which is quiet and light compared to a horse trailer!

Good luck with your training!!:D

Last edited:
Reversing Hint

Turn steering wheel to the right to reverse trailer left and vice versa. however if you forget here's a little tip. If your not sure which way to turn the steering wheel.

Start reversing very slowly and watch to see which way the trailer is travelling, as your onkly going very slow you can quickly make the correct adjustment without spoiling your line.

Roundabouts, always especially with a horse in the trailer slow right down and take the roundabout at about 5mph. Take no notice of impatient drivers behind you, they can wait, horses safety and comfort comes first.

Good luck to anyone taking their test, I don't envy you at all. ;)

Last edited:
newrider.com