Yes I have fallen for her and can't resist...

TBminx

Mar 22, 2013
I have fallen for the racer I've been riding on the gallops and have decided with my other half's agreement after discussions haha to go for it and make her mine :dance:

I know it sounds mad and quick and cant disclose the details as like to keep things between me and owners who also run the yard I am at but it is all very straight forward as she will be staying there and continuing her training with them then run and I will of course ride her when can and cheer her on :wink:

Just gotta make sure my Jeannie doesn't get jealous so keeping it from her vision as much as possible but she doesn't seem to mind so far as not stabled side by side :giggle:

good luck with her!

if you really want her as a riding horse, do you really want to race her?

I agree, I think id either buy her as a private horse or just cheer her on from afar. What happens if she causes herself serious injury or worse. ( that would be my worry ) anyway everyone has the right to free choice!

Up to you but I wouldn't want to own an actual racer, what happens if they break down, can you reschool after their career or will they offer that?
Have fun though if its what you really want. Being on a racing yard I do know how tempting it can be to want one that's training and racing. There are a couple now I really like but it would be impractical for anything more than a scratch on the withers.

Wow lucky you the owner of a racer horse. :dance:

So what are your plans from what you have said you will be the owner with the pop and fun gallops but she will stay in the race side of the yard and carry on her racing career? That would be so cool. I know quite a few people that own or part own racers they love it and when she finishes her racing career you can retrain her like your other two.

I will not touch on the what if as to be honest they are the same for any horse, any horse can get injured in the field or on a quite hack you just take every day as they come.

Lucky you

Having an exracer and one racing trained I know the what if risk but wouldnt not have either of mine and love the rehoming of exracers :smile:

She will stay in my block at the top beside another filly in light training a few stables up from our two :wink:

I don't want her as a riding horse....I want her to be given the chance to race as such potential for wins and then breed from her to continue the history of her family which have all ran and she is very well bred so be a shame to break the history if that makes sense :biggrin:

I want her to at least have a few runs and if no good or if too hard on her then breed from her and then she would make a lovely ridinghorse as good on the flat too :bounce:

newrider.com